You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gunnerdownunder
 Rep: 4 

Re: Axl Rose set to be sued after throwing mic into crowd

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/ … perth-fan/

It wouldn't be a Guns N' Roses tour without a bit of drama would it? Axl Rose is reportedly being sued by a fan from the Perth show, after a microphone he claims was thrown into the crowd hitting him in the face and damaging his two front teeth.

39-year old Darren Wright claims he was left bleeding and bits of tooth missing, and wants Axl Rose to pay his dental bills, with the tour promoter apologising and offering a signed microphone from the rock star instead.

From what we understand, Wright is not interested in the peace offer, and will take the matter to court.

The Guns N’Roses show continues on throughout Australia.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl being sued? It must be Tuesday 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
gunnerdownunder wrote:

offering a signed microphone from the rock star

He would've had better luck going with ebay.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Axl has been throwing his mic into the crowd since the UYI tour days. I'm surprised this hasn't happened to anyone in the crowd before...

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I find it really hard to believe. Do you know how many motherfucks are trying to reach for that mic when he throws it, and it somehow just clocked him in the face? Things that make you go, "hmmm...."

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Fuckwit, I was in the GA section when he threw that coz I started moving into the centre slightly more towards the end of PC (my mates asked where I was going), with the feeble hope of getting a chance to catch it.  He didn't throw it anywhere near as far back as normal and like normal a heap of people went up for it trying to catch it where it was landing.

I bet the guy jumped (coz a heap of people were) but missed the catch and it clocked him.  Too bad, shit happens don't try and catch it next time.

I'm sick of nobody ever taking responsibility for anything these days.  Shit happens some times, yet people always look for who they can blame.  Then what happens is the rest of us get penalised because they stop doing things like this because there is the off chance some dick my sue.  Seriously how many hundreds of times has Axl done this without incident, yet now something like this could jeopardize what is a really cool thing.

I'm surprised the guy isn't suing for slipping over on the PC confetti or something too.

gunnerdownunder

I noticed at the Sydney show last night, rather than do the traditional throw at the end of Paradise City, he did a gentle underarm toss into a section near the front.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gunnerdownunder

I do find it humorous that he got smacked in the gob with a mic.. and his offer to patch things up.. was.. a mic!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

What a ridiculous asshole. I hope he gets laughed out of court.

Agreed what a douche! Axl even wanted to make a peaceful settlement for the guy without having to stir up any more trouble; but no. The man wants attention.

Board footer