You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Walking Dead

It's back! ..and I think I can say for the rest of us that maybe the problems/issues with Season 3 and it's underwhelming finale are going to be put to rest. I loved the season for the most part and thought it was superior to S2; but it had it's faults due to the constant direction changes. But..Gimple has written and produced the better episodes of the series thus far. October 13'th...LET'S DO THIS!!

IT'S HAMMER TIME!!! smile Now Rick and his buddy Tyreese with the gang can kick some ass! As it should be.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I finally started watching this show, and I'm nearly finished watching season 2, so I should probably stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers.... 10 16

But I love the show so far!

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh the Season 2 finale is intense. smile Won't spoil anything for newcomers to the show.  Glad you are loving it so far. Enjoy yourself.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I finally started watching this show, and I'm nearly finished watching season 2, so I should probably stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers.... 10 16

But I love the show so far!

Me too, kinda. Started watching it when it first aired, but gave up in season 2. Went back recently and was happy to find that it does get better. Kinda soapy, but I like soaps so...:laugh:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Just finished the show. Season 1 is still the best because of the tight story. Season 2 was both too long and filled with mediocre plots, but they pick up a few characters and get rid of some bad ones. Shane should have been offed early in 2, like Lori in 3. Andrea and her constant buhu face is thankfully gone for good. I was ripping my hair when she continued to support a blatantly evil character. Social worker with a gun, good riddance. Falling for both Shane and the Governor, my my, this broad got daddy issues.

I expect the soapy slow pace to continue, but with the set of characters they got and the governor looming we could be in for some very good stuff in 4. Tighten up the story and it could break out as the "new BB" in terms of impact. Hopefully the gov and his remaining psycho comrades go around gathering an army to take out some characters not too late in 4. We still want the epic gun fight we were robbed in 3, but we also want something else as the MAIN new development. Spend 6-7 episodes establishing new characters, then bring in a fight with the gov. and move on to something else.

Me_Wise_Magic

Couldn't agree more man!

Me_Wise_Magic

Great start to the new season. Some familiar concepts; but bringing in some new ideas and hoping for the best with the next couple episodes. smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Saw the season premiere... decent. Nothing earth shattering.

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

Saw the season premiere... decent. Nothing earth shattering.

Yeah...I'm kind of glad they didn't pull out too many of the big guns; but yeah it wasn't an incredible start.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well ala 24: Season 4, the show this year feels like a reinvention of sorts. Daryl is firmly the leader at this point, and almost a legend among the refugees, while Rick has been fine retreating back to just being a father to Carl, and potential boyfriend to Michonne.

Like when 24 rebooted itself mid-run, this again feels new. New characters, new situations, old characters have been re-invented, and it seems like new arc's will be started. It might take a few episodes to get going.

jmho

Board footer