You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If Adler is still receiving that 15% from Axl he's had some balls talking the shit he has done.

Yeah. His drumming was perfect for the other guys and they definitely missed him on UYI, but Appetite songs are still amazing regardless of the drumming. He is one of the luckier guys in rock history. Sorum is luckiest by far. Didn't contribute a damn thing and made it into the Hall thanks to Adler and the other 4 original members.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If Adler is still receiving that 15% from Axl he's had some balls talking the shit he has done.

No I don't think so. I think that was a lump sum payment. Axl got 47% of profits based off his "formula".

If it was a lump sum why did he break it down to a percentage? Sounds like he actually gave him 15% of publishing, and that may suggest he is still getting it.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No I don't think so. I think that was a lump sum payment. Axl got 47% of profits based off his "formula".

Actually it was a little less than that and it was based off Slash/Axl/Duff/Izzy's formula. According to Slash's book

This is what Adler said;

blabbermouth interview wrote:

Q: Your income still comes from GUNS N' ROSES?

Adler: "Certainly. I receive 15% of everything 'Appetite for Destruction' generates. Slash, Duff and Izzy get 20% and Axl gets 25%, because he's the one who wrote the lyrics. Fifteen percent of 85 million is a lot of money, dont you think?"

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven … -15-years/

btw According to Adler's book he's the only one who gave up publishing rights. Adler claimed he gave up 5% to keep Axl happy, which contradicts other stuff he's said.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow. I didn't know he still got money. I thought they gave him 2 million and that was it.  Didn't know it was 15% for life. So Axl was 40% Slash, Duff, Izzy 20% each = 100% then Axl gave Adler 15% coming from his 40% leaving Axl 25% SlashDuffIzzy 20% each and 15% Adler means the new 100% for AFD?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just googled Steven Adler net worth and it is 15 million. HOLY FUCK!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why the 26 year old quote?

You're implying that Adler would have been fucked without Slash.

Yes Axl gave him money a LONG time ago, but Slash has been there for Adler too. He would go see him and rehab and keep him on track and produce his album and guest on a track and just be there for him. If you ever hear Adler talk of Slash he says "he was there for me when nobody else was and I love that guy, he was the first guy to come see me in rehab" or something like that. I think Slash looks at Steven as a lil bro. And Slash is the one that brought Steven in the mix long ago and Duff became VERY good friends with him. These guys were childhood friends. Don't forget that. I think Axl still has a sweet spot for Adler too. I am being serious. Yes he is a headache. And yes he could not last in GNR in 1990. But that doesn't erase the good times.

Hold on to that dream, SG. Hold on to that dream.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If it was a lump sum why did he break it down to a percentage? Sounds like he actually gave him 15% of publishing, and that may suggest he is still getting it.

Steven sued them a few times and got big settlements.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Steven sued them a few times and got big settlements.

He sued a few times. He sued in the late 97 as well blaming "Guns N' Roses" on his drug habit. He got a decent settlement (this was conveniently after he had just "got clean"). You know some of the other non GN'R related cases he was involved with back then are pretty disgusting, but best left out of the discussion.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Why would Axl be entitled to 15%? He certainly didn't write any of the drum parts. Slash said they originally wanted to split it all evenly, but Axl did not. So the rest gave Adler 5%, and Axl kept his 25%, else they all would have been on 20%.

The formula came in for UYI.

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

Why would Axl be entitled to 15%? He certainly didn't write any of the drum parts. Slash said they originally wanted to split it all evenly, but Axl did not. So the rest gave Adler 5%, and Axl kept his 25%, else they all would have been on 20%.

The formula came in for UYI.

They give the people who write the lyrics and music songwriting credit. If music is written around lyrics the person who writes the lyrics gets the credit. If the lyrics are written around music they give both songwriting credit. Check out CD's song writing credits for an example. You don't get anything for creating a drum beat to someone's song. I think the only thing Steven was actually entitled to was RQ. He got credit for writing songs he didn't write. Axl and Izzy were primary songwriters on AFD.

Board footer