You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Speaking of wow, I have a Alpha access for Legion the next expansion. Not sure that I can be bothered, Blizzard kind of drove me off during the last/present expansion.

johndivney wrote:

WoW still get new players?
Was playing gtao the other night & just assumed the guys were playing on their 2nd characters given their levels. I honestly couldn't face the grind of it starting out these days.

& no, I'm not talking about Neemo & his crew of lower ranking dudes hehe..
Even tho I'm a high rank I usually play like a nOOb for a variety of reasons.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

WoW still get new players?

I don't think it get's many. Theirs still several million playing and it's still the biggest proper MMO on the market, but subs when a new expansion isn't out drop alot. The drops are getting bigger, I believe Blizz supposedly won't be releasing numbers anymore (since they claim sub numbers aren't a great measure of how the game is doing).

Anyway given how they messed up stat scaling in MOP and then messed around with it again last expansion, the game is really a mess pre-max level. It's not friendly to new players at all.

They in their attempt to casual-ize everything over time have destroyed most of their content and made only whatever the current expansion is at whatever time relevant. The leveling experience is too fast, the stats not being balanced for lower level mean people don't really learn how to play until max level anymore and multiple difficulties and the Diablo-ish gear system is really annoying for end game.

For some reason the end game has to cater to people who just want to see the final cut scene, without doing the work. It would be fine if it didn't mean alot of people end up grinding the same raids each time 4x to at the start of each major patch thus burning you out and making it alot less rewarding.

They also due to Micro transactions put items such as unique mounts on the Blizzard store and just stick reskin/colours in game. Theirs also less patches now and actual raids.

Too many reused models and they end up scrapping content that they promise for each expansion (such as zones). It's too corporate now, the magic is gone. They charge more for less. The only thing that's really improved is the questing experience in new zones/previous 2 expansions that only lasts a week though... and then theirs not much else to do.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm lvl 8 so far...going for a stealth build

AtariLegend wrote:

I always pump everything into INT tongue and then Charisma in RPGS.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I'm a dex, charisma, stealth, sniper kinda guy in rpgs ... that or complete brute strength depending on my mood

But yea rogue type of character is always my first option

johndivney wrote:

johndivney wrote:

Not been up to speed this past week or so but does The Division beta launch today? And if so anyone playing it, or played it earlier??
And how long is it running for?
Would love to get a run at it but time lately just hasn't been on my side & I can't stay up til 2/3am anymore sad I'll prob have to tho if I want to try it before beta closes..

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Haven't been following the dI vision too closely...my group might get it if its good tho

I played a shit ton or fallout and gta thus weekend...lvl 30 fallout and level 66 on gta online

On gta I purchased and fully modded an infernus...rivals an entity imo

And other suggestions on supercars for gta?

johndivney wrote:

Picked up the Osiris a few weeks ago & really loved it. Bought it instead of a yacht..
Seemed a bit weightier, meatier than the rest, preferred the handling on it to anything outside of the Entity (still my everyday, driving around car wink ), probably prefer it actually for racing. Seems to have a lot less oversteer, but I mean who really knows I could just be imagining these things.

I think I sold some on the back of it, maybe my zentorno or turismo or both to offset the upgrading costs.. I can't remember to be honest. Maybe it was the t20 I sold.. Doubt it tho.. Next time I'm online at the same time I'll let you run riot with my supercar garage(!) you can take them all for a test drive see what you like.. Don't have an adder anymore tho. It was the first to be sold & never went back to it.

One wee tip - tho they might not look the best, stuff like spoilers & offroad tires make a big difference to performance if you're going to be racing. The off road tires might sound strange but they allow you to ride curbs easily - used to be couldn't get up on some curbs with likes of turismo being so low to the ground. Was funny looking just crashing into footpaths & coming to a halt or being flipped into the air.
In terms of spoilers - the cheapest spoiler will have the exact same impact as the most expensive, or at least used to, they may have rebalanced that stuff. Not really essential but it does make a difference.

Board footer