You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

Haha! Nah my high rank disguises the fact I've gotten really sloppy. I'm a giant n00b these days on gta. I've still got the smarts when it comes to freeroam street battles but missions/heists I'm all over the place. Used to be the opposite & I could grind missions all day. Now I'm using snacks & armour like they're going out of fashion.

Found myself rage quitting a bit lately. Used to be in the days of the snes I'd just smash the controller but that's not an option anymore. Not since the advent of wireless controllers with the wavebird.
So now I'm sat beside the ps4 & can reach the off/eject button.. Fucked up a Pacific standard the other week.
Had to send an apology to my mate the next day. He was incredibly understanding tho - I'd have just told me to fuck off & wise up!

I didn't think the time difference was that bad (5hours or so?) but then I see you sometimes on my what's new list & think fuckin hell.. There's a chance I'm getting up for work while you're still playing some mornings/nights probably - & I should probably take the day off work & jump on gtao! I used to do that actually.. It's a good game!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well there will be 2 or 3 of us online tonight prolly around midnight or 1 ur time ...if I see u online I'll send u an invite

BLS did u ever get another gta v copy?

johndivney wrote:

Double rp/$$$ on contact missions. Some serious grinding going on. Just got 38k for one mission (richman in something..?? Have to deliver cars to Simeon,.) hadn't played that mission in years - another 18k on another Simeon mission.. Kinda miss this grindhaha! Ah finally stocks n scares a proper mission tho another one I haven't played in years - I haven't played that mission since they actually took it offline to fix for bugs (enemies would infinitely respawn). Ugh kinda depressing how long I've been playing this game!

Yea you should definitely run some missions this weekend.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I might be around to jump on and steal all the platinum trophies again. 16

Although I'm downloading the division beta so that might eat up my time.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I made a ton of cash this weekend on the 2x rp/$$$ missions for gta online

How was the beta for the division?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I made a ton of cash this weekend on the 2x rp/$$$ missions for gta online

How was the beta for the division?

It was really fun. I think the game will be pretty damn good. Played with my brother and another friend and some on my own. I loved it. Hours flew by and it's only a piece of the game. It sold me though. Have it on preorder.

johndivney wrote:

How'd the New York setting work for you bls?

Have to say I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Definitely true about the hours just flying by, but I also wonder whether that's sustainable over a few months: it is a bit generic in its gameplay/mission structure. & I still can't get past the bullet sponge bad guys (or even the destruction of the environment - takes a couple of shots to shoot out tyres on cars etc..??).

But it definitely is really good fun - even solo the matchmaking is especially commendable. With friends it was great fun, but again I'm not sure whether the novelty will sustain. I'm just not that invested/convinced in the rpg side of it yet..
Also, there's a lot of walking/running. Travelling is a bit of an issue. Even fast travel is slow as fuck but that was only the beta so maybe it'll be quicker eventually.

I was all set to do far cry primal but I've gone off that idea & am seriously considering the division after the beta.
It is a big commitment tho & I can see the end-game being a massive timesink that I just can't justify. I want to wait til it's on sale but I also kinda know I'll pick it up on launch..

Still 2xrp/$$ on certain gtao missions. Getting invites to stuff I haven't seen in such a long time. Missions really are great fun in this game. Even played my favourite, Out of Harmony, which wasn't I. The 2xrp/$$. Of course my mate crashed the truck right at the end of the mission heading towards the dock.. Typical. That was of course after failing it multiple times before then. Best mission. Didn't actually get it finished after all the effort. Typical. Love it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I cracked $1m on gta online tonight...my first on ps4

Lvl 78 ... only 8 lvls behind my ps3 account

Bought a comet / Porsche sat night ... fully modded it ... hated it ..sold it.. lost 200k...lol...made it back then someon sunday ...bought an akuma bike lat night...fast as fuck lmao very unsafe ... need to do some stunt jumps to unlock lime green

johndivney wrote:

haha! the grind is real..

i've loved revisiting those old missions.. even if i did fuck up that simeon one on friday night.. at least it paid off well in the end!
some of the one's that were 2x$$ were weird, so easy with ridiculous payouts if you took a certain amount of time.
going to be on the lookout for a similar sort of grind. hopefully they do a 2x$$ on pacific standard next!
there was one the previous week, doing the VIP stuff but i never got online during it. people were raking in around a million for a days play whatever way they were running it. ive actually still never done that stuff yet anyway.

i see a lot of serious racers using the banshee. i might get on that. those guys tho are hardcore & have their race lines down after 1000's of races so i dunno if i could be bothered.
i used to love the comet in the old games but in online it's just not powerful enough to compete so i never bothered with it.

i think there used to be a way to glitch the stunt jump thing, whereby you could do the one jump over & over again & it would unlock the mod at ls customs. dunno if that's still the case.
there is actually again a really hardcore/dedicated stunting community on gtao. some of the stuff people do is just crazy. remember one video of a guy flying a plane in reverse looping in & out of buildings, under bridges n shit (like using the plane falling backwards, not actually reversing it).

the bikes are dangerous yea but i think i'm p good on them most of the time. twitchy. the akuma's great. most of the bikes are nice to drive i think.
bar that one simeon mission i'm actually a pretty good driver.. if i do say so myself..

johndivney wrote:

http://collapse-thedivisiongame.ubi.com/mobile/en/

I'd make society collapse in 21 days apparently..

Board footer