You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

misterID wrote:

CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Civilization 6 coming out in a few days. First game I have really anticipated since...Civ 5. 16

Nice! I'm actually playing Civ IV right now bc I refused to upgrade until I got significantly better at it. I do not understand the mistakes I appear to be making according to computer feedback.

I micromanage everything and I still am rated very lowly at the end of the game. Even when I win the game via an objective (almost always cultural victory) I am still rated as Dan Quayle.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The AI often gets helped by the game depending on the difficulty, but if you feel you aren't getting close to them in the stats on normal difficulty it might be a growth problem. The AI expands exponentially the bigger it gets, while humans sometimes have a tendency to stay linear. You should get a solid defense early so you can develop in peace, then use each city to pump out settlers and military forces. To win in science or domination you have to be huge. If you only win culturally that's a pretty sure sign your empire is too small.

You should try the Beyond the Sword mod for CIV IV if you haven't already. Fan made, but I think they even have it on Steam.

johndivney wrote:

Blood Meridian: The Game. Please, fuck, let it be.

misterID

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Blood Meridian: The Game. Please, fuck, let it be.

Yes. They had so many opportunities to go that direction in the first, but didn't. With the gang behind him, it kind of looks like it's going to be a prequel.

johndivney wrote:

Press O to scalp the Apache.

misterID

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Press O to scalp the Apache.

Ha, I wonder if the brothels are going to be actual brothels this time.

Here's a map that leaked a while back. Seems pretty expansive. They're also going the GTA V route with online play.

Red%20Dead%20map%20leak.jpg

johndivney wrote:

Trailer is fucking crap.

Nintendo won today.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Civilization 6 coming out in a few days. First game I have really anticipated since...Civ 5. 16

What the fuck?!? I am so out of the loop I had no idea it was even remotely close to being finished much less released.

I hated Civ 5 although I never tried it again after release so I don't know if they improved it with mods/patches/expansions.

If Civ 6 doesn't kick ass I am giving up on this franchise. They better bring back something similar to "stacks of doom". It stopped being realistic when they got rid of it yet claimed the opposite.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'd wait a while before picking up VI even though it looks cool. Don't play through AI issues/bugs, wait for them to fix it in a few months.

Board footer