You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So 3 weeks out from the election, I think Trump is going to win.  I've been paying very close attention to the states that matter this election.  All Trump needs to do is win Mi, Wi, or PA and he has 270+ electorals. This assumes he wins AZ , FL and OH of course.  But I haven't seen much that indicates those are going to swing to Biden, especially after the 2018 election. 

Biden should win this, but if 2016 is actually representative of the electorate and the silent support for Trump, I think he walks away with it.

I was up the poconos over the weekend & Biden is spending heavy up there (Scranton), like nonstop. Didnt' watch news channels either, yet didn't see 1 trump ad. A billboard or two tho.

I won't discount 2016, but I actually think an unspoken issue is Huma Aberdin ran a terrible campaign, and lost. She focused solely on 'inner cities' and the urban vote, saying that's where the populations have moved to (millenials, GenX etc).  Which, may be true to some extent, but doesn't mean you neglect smaller town America. David Axelrods policy was Win Scranton, Win Allentown, Win Philadelphia, you win the eastern half of PA, plus Pittsburgh. Win that, and you win the state. Seems true. Bidens also trending over 50% in PA, which becomes close to statistically impossible for trump to win.

I don't think trumps winning AZ either. I RCP has him losing consistently aside from some Trafalgar Group poll. Keep in mind too, it's getting colder, and Covids getting worse.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So 3 weeks out from the election, I think Trump is going to win.  I've been paying very close attention to the states that matter this election.  All Trump needs to do is win Mi, Wi, or PA and he has 270+ electorals. This assumes he wins AZ , FL and OH of course.  But I haven't seen much that indicates those are going to swing to Biden, especially after the 2018 election. 

Biden should win this, but if 2016 is actually representative of the electorate and the silent support for Trump, I think he walks away with it.

I was up the poconos over the weeke:lol:nd & Biden is spending heavy up there (Scranton), like nonstop. Didnt' watch news channels either, yet didn't see 1 trump ad. A billboard or two tho.

I won't discount 2016, but I actually think an unspoken issue is Huma Aberdin ran a terrible campaign, and lost. She focused solely on 'inner cities' and the urban vote, saying that's where the populations have moved to (millenials, GenX etc).  Which, may be true to some extent, but doesn't mean you neglect smaller town America. David Axelrods policy was Win Scranton, Win Allentown, Win Philadelphia, you win the eastern half of PA, plus Pittsburgh. Win that, and you win the state. Seems true. Bidens also trending over 50% in PA, which becomes close to statistically impossible for trump to win.

I don't think trumps winning AZ either. I RCP has him losing consistently aside from some Trafalgar Group poll. Keep in mind too, it's getting colder, and Covids getting worse.

Good old Huma Aberdeen lol

Biden is destroying it in the polls...not even Rasmussen thinks it’s close. There’s no evidence to this point Trump will win. Hillary’s lead on Election Day was 3 points nationally...Biden is hitting double digits lately.

These silent Trump supporters are a myth.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, they're real, people lie to pollsters, but I don't imagine there's enough for the trends of '16. I think Biden wins but it'll be a lot closer than people think.

You can't court both radical progressives and blue collar populists at the same time.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, they're real, people lie to pollsters, but I don't imagine there's enough for the trends of '16. I think Biden wins but it'll be a lot closer than people think.

You can't court both radical progressives and blue collar populists at the same time.

Think about that...you’re unable to tell a pollster who doesn’t care who you’re voting for...bc why?!

You can keep questioning the polls all you want.

What about trump embracing white supremacy round and also reaching out to blue collar folks?

misterID

misterID wrote:

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1315679802486128646

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Think about that...you’re unable to tell a pollster who doesn’t care who you’re voting for...bc why?!

What about trump embracing white supremacy round and also reaching out to blue collar folks?

Because they're embarrassed?

Dude, polls are not always correct. I'm not saying Biden will lose, but they're most definitely not 100% accurate. I was certain Hillary was going to win.

I've never heard Trump embrace white supremacists. This is a lie, and beneath you.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, polls are not always correct. I'm not saying Biden will lose, but they're most definitely not 100% accurate. I was certain Hillary was going to win.

I've never heard Trump embrace white supremacists. This is a lie, and beneath you.

If you can get them to accept that truth, I'll send you a gift card to your favorite restaurant.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So embarrassed you can’t tell someone you don’t know and will never speak to again?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If you can get them to accept that truth, I'll send you a gift card to your favorite restaurant.

If you think what Biden has done embraces left wing terrorists then trump is reasonably a white supremacy sympathizer by the same logic.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you think what Biden has done embraces left wing terrorists then trump is reasonably a white supremacy sympathizer by the same logic.

Biden’s VP celebrated the rioters in June. She bailed them out. If you can find any evidence of Trump celebrating people burning down stores or bailing them out afterwards, let me know.

Joe Biden said school integration would create a racial jungle. Told people they weren’t black if they didn’t vote for him. Trump questioned if a judge who belongs to “La Raza (the race)” could be impartial on hearings related to immigration, and was attacked for it.

Board footer