You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Americans are none too pleased: https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-as-oppo … 59351.html

This may cost the Republicans a few more senate seats.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-addresses- … 32701.html

Biden confirms he's not in favor of court packing.  Big surprise!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea … 960078002/

PaSnow, another one of your talking points is evaporating.

Well, 8 months later so, theres a variable there.

Btw, i think the GOP was caught offguard the dems are solely going to make this about aca. gop was expecting a catholic vilification and they whiffed.

This is now about unseating senators. They were caught offguard. Grahams going down.

You still haven't answered how ACB is a threat to the ACA. How the ACA is under any threat.   You should do some research more than viewing twiiter.

Mm k Flagg says republicans aren’t in court trying to overturn the ACA. They’ve never been in court to dismantle the ACA.

Then he calls you uninformed.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Americans are none too pleased: https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-as-oppo … 59351.html

This may cost the Republicans a few more senate seats.

Grahams toast. Just imagine how many ads are being run with him saying "I will not put a SC justice in the final year of a Presidency. You can use my words against me".

I think Georgia's looking like it'll flip. There were lines past 8pm last night alone. Republicans are not the ones voting early, and they're misjudging covid that by election day it'll be an awful virus to catch again, and people will not want to stand in a crowded line, and seeing democrats stand in line for weeks on end, and mail in early, it'll be over. This things gonna be a landslide, someone inform amy that trump cannot 'postpone the election' lol. Idiot.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

She punted on whether trump can postpone the election. said she had to speak to her law clerks & colleagues.

Clown show. GTFOH

She’s not going to answer any questions Pa. the whole point is to say nothing for days. She knows it’s in the bag so why bother?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

She punted on whether trump can postpone the election. said she had to speak to her law clerks & colleagues.

Clown show. GTFOH

She’s not going to answer any questions Pa. the whole point is to say nothing for days. She knows it’s in the bag so why bother?

The optics sure aren't good. She doesn't come off as likeable by refusing to answer questions, especially, remarkably simple & clear ones. This isn't boding well for gop senators in close races, they're facing push her thru & lose. I think its their only option, voting no on her won't help them win over voters, as gop constituents will be turned off and not support them anymore either, especially stand in line during a pandemic, so they won't even vote.

The Senates about to flip hard.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Clown show. GTFOH

The optics sure aren't good. She doesn't come off as likeable by refusing to answer questions, especially, remarkably simple & clear ones. This isn't boding well for gop senators in close races, they're facing push her thru & lose. I think its their only option, voting no on her won't help them win over voters, as gop constituents will be turned off and not support them anymore either, especially stand in line during a pandemic, so they won't even vote.

She doesn’t need to be like able. Once she’s appointed she could be a murderer but her appointment stands.

Yea i believe you’re right...i see 51 Dem seats now with the potential for 53-54.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

She doesn’t need to be like able. Once she’s appointed she could be a murderer but her appointment stands.

Yea i believe you’re right...i see 51 Dem seats now with the potential for 53-54.

Agreed. I just mean the # of votes in Nov she pulls in, both for & against her. I agree 51-54ish.  This isn't going well, trump isn't doing well, and covids likely getting worse as it gets colder. GOP is tied to this SC choice and covid as they've been lock step with trump on it overall, there's little getting around that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Agreed. I just mean the # of votes in Nov she pulls in, both for & against her. I agree 51-54ish.  This isn't going well, trump isn't doing well, and covids likely getting worse as it gets colder. GOP is tied to this SC choice and covid as they've been lock step with trump on it overall, there's little getting around that.

It sure shows what they prioritize. Jamming this SC justice through while America's economy is slowly bleeding to death.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neither of you have a basic clue on current events, do you?  The Senate tried to vote on a bill, and the Democrats filibustered.  Biden said Saturday that the voters don't deserve to know his stance on court packing and the filibuster.  ACB keeping up with every other justice and not commenting on pending court cases is standard procedure - every Justice has done it.  You two have your echo chamber and are completely clueless how uninformed you are.  There is no attempt at objectvity.

Board footer