You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So?

Obama could have had three had RGB retired after she turned 80. Hell, Clarence Thomas could have retired and had Trump pick his preferred replacement, but there's a good chance a Democrat does that.

Yeah...and if Scalia had died he could've picked his replacement too...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Scalia did select a replacement if he died and Obama ignored it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think the SC has been getting carried away in the last 2-3 decades. Should have 15 year terms.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh they get to select a replacement?

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nope, just like deathbed wishes that suddenly became a thing.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nope, just like deathbed wishes that suddenly became a thing.

Well it was a commonly held belief that she was hanging on to her position so trump couldn’t fill it. Was it not?

What will trumps last words be? ‘Is there fast food in the after life?’ As he lets out a huge fart and passes away....maybe?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

The ballot harvesting and limiting of places to drop your vote in Texas is a disgrace. Fake ballot boxes too? If this is what you have to do to keep your state 'red,' then it won't be long before Texas turns blue.

I know some on this board have no problem with tactics like these, but wow...if we can't even agree that everyone who is eligible should get to vote with ease and convenience, we've got much, much bigger problems.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Amy Coney Barrett is an older, much more successful Pam Beasley if she hadn't latched on to that lazy office hack Jim Halpert...tell me I'm wrong...

tell-me.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The ballot harvesting and limiting of places to drop your vote in Texas is a disgrace. Fake ballot boxes too? If this is what you have to do to keep your state 'red,' then it won't be long before Texas turns blue.

I know some on this board have no problem with tactics like these, but wow...if we can't even agree that everyone who is eligible should get to vote with ease and convenience, we've got much, much bigger problems.

I saw that on CBS News last night. Houstons county, which apparently includes a good part of its suburbs, only has 1 dropoff location, at one of the sports stadiums. Apparently they were going to have more but the state, put thru a bizarre law allowing only 1 per county throughout the entire state. So yeah its uneven to each, however Houstons has like 5 million people in its county, whereas rural counties might have 100,000, and people more used to driving. Apparently the complex parking lot you're not allowed to walk into, so you must be in a car, eliminating people who take the bus.  Houston is also a fairly large, sprawling city as west coast towns were built later, not condensed like NYC or Boston.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Anyone who has issues with ACB is just a biased hack. She's really impressed me and I didn't think I'd like her.

mitchejw wrote:

The ballots are a local county issue, they're not controlled by the federal or state government, they should figure it out.

For the record, I don't mind suppressing rich white elites votes. If you move from your shithole progressive blue state because it's garbage and you can't afford it because you've been taxed out, stop gentrifyig black and southern towns, you parasites. Progressivism is a pestilence. If it werent, if progressivism made things better, people would be running to progressive states, not away from them.

Board footer