You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

Hey Flagg, since you're in a battleground state, have you been inundated with calls, tv ads, radio ads, flyers, texts and other stuff from both campaigns?

In Illinois, hell I get nothing. At the presidential level, my vote is nearly inconsequential. My most impact is on statewide races.

Oh yea, but I just ignore it.  Lots of text messages this time, and can't watch any show without being hit with an ad.  My fiance too.  She'll be voting Biden though.  Amazing that some people have lost the art of disagreement but still respecting the other.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hey Flagg, since you're in a battleground state, have you been inundated with calls, tv ads, radio ads, flyers, texts and other stuff from both campaigns?

In Illinois, hell I get nothing. At the presidential level, my vote is nearly inconsequential. My most impact is on statewide races.

Oh yea, but I just ignore it.  Lots of text messages this time, and can't watch any show without being hit with an ad.  My fiance too.  She'll be voting Biden though.  Amazing that some people have lost the art of disagreement but still respecting the other.

Oh no it's not amazing...the person you voted for made sure of it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

And so it begins....

I knew this was going to start. The shift in tone days ago was the warning sign. The polls going from "he's got it in the bag!" to "we're not promising anything" was another sign. The contrast in crowd size everyone was told to ignore is another.

Biggest red flag of all and when the Biden team could no longer kid themselves is when they realized Trump is pulling in minorities. If elections were covered like they used to be...down the middle on all news outlets, this would've been a huge story yesterday.

C'mon James, this is a Breitbart reporter quoting Trump's director of battleground strategy. Don't buy it.

Translation, 1 state == California and the 55 EC votes they are falling short 16

Read on FB a few FB friends said busy lines in PA/Philly suburbs. High turnout.  Could read into it either way but my friends tend to lean left and the areas they live sorta trend that way. Sure its possible its only trump voters out today but there was no mention or reference to that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Just got back from voting.  In and out in 5 minutes.  That's one vote in PA for Trump.

I voted early a couple of weeks ago and waited in an hour-long line, but on the morning walk with the dog today, I saw there was no line. I played myself. (Chicago burbs, here ...)

Well it seems a majority voted early here...so it would make sense that fewer people would vote today.

Randall Flagg

I wish a Tywin Lannister would run.  That's the kind of leader we need.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Someone in Philly posted he waited 2 hours.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Did you vote?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did you vote?

Weeks ago.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

This was his photo

123432842_10157647519751709_2179264183846469632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=bmDWms3z3KgAX_qBojl&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=068fcc4e96b0e9ed259bc87790260005&oe=5FC63B6D

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

A lot of this data is going to get dumped right at 7 p.m. EDT. It could be the whole election from one county.

Board footer