You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A lot of this data is going to get dumped right at 7 p.m. EDT. It could be the whole election from one county.

[/embed]

Love these bits of data you're sharing keep them coming.

Doesn't every swing state have at least one bell weather county?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, IN#5 is a good one. Pinellas County in Florida is another good one. Milwaukee County, of course. Maricopa County in Arizona. Detroit, whatever county that is. Fulton County, Georgia.

The data I shared above is for the famous county with The Villages retirement community. They usually have golf cart parades of Trump voters going to the polls. This year, there was a huge Biden golf cart parade too, which started setting off alarm bells. If a significant % of seniors switch to supporting Biden in Florida, it's over. There are more of them than the Latino men voting for Trump in Miami-Dade.

Conventional wisdom, as the above post suggests, was Trump needs to win Sumter County by a 2:1 margin at the least to repeat 2016. So 66-33 does that, but 33% is more than Clinton got, so realistically Trump needs about 69-70% of this county.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, IN#5 is a good one. Pinellas County in Florida is another good one. Milwaukee County, of course. Maricopa County in Arizona. Detroit, whatever county that is. Fulton County, Georgia.

The data I shared above is for the famous county with The Villages retirement community. They usually have golf cart parades of Trump voters going to the polls. This year, there was a huge Biden golf cart parade too, which started setting off alarm bells. If a significant % of seniors switch to supporting Biden in Florida, it's over. There are more of them than the Latino men voting for Trump in Miami-Dade.

Conventional wisdom, as the above post suggests, was Trump needs to win Sumter County by a 2:1 margin at the least to repeat 2016. So 66-33 does that, but 33% is more than Clinton got, so realistically Trump needs about 69-70% of this county.

Ya know...over the past few years I've really gotten into the counties of my former home state of Wisconsin. As you know, the state of Wisconsin has a pretty extensive and somewhat impressive state university system as well as quite a few technical colleges. It's really a great system...

But I notice when I looked at the counties by vote, I noticed a couple patterns. First, if there was a state college or university in the county, almost without fail, that county goes blue. These lesser populated counties of Wisconsin without any of that go overwhelmingly red.

So there's a reason why Republicans make it difficult to vote on-campus in Wisconsin and it has nothing to do with fraud. Especially when you consider that the vast majority of the voters in those middle size towns in Wisconsin come from that town. Simply having a university in your town influences the city that much over time.

Wisconsin Republicans have turned against higher education in droves. They see it as a threat...not an asset to the state.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Slightly OT, but I heard something about that 'Villages' retirement community as a whole, something like it's the largest (land mass) city or county in Florida, or one of the biggest in the country. (TBH I think Jacksonville could be the largest or largest in FL).  Anyway, whatever the stat was, it made it seem impressively large, not just a few retirement homes that I always thought it was.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

One of the fastest growing in the country, and it's population is like 130K. It's a whole collection of communities.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

One of the fastest growing in the country, and it's population is like 130K. It's a whole collection of communities.

Sounds about right.  130k is getting close to a fairly large city.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm more familiar with the Del Webb communities...for example in Arizona...the Sun City, Sun City West and Sun City Grand...that's like 100k people.

It's a weird vibe though...the community is surrounded by a wall...it's the epitome of what Trump talks about.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

This should send turnout through the roof.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

lol

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

lol

[/embed]

i like this one better:

123705826_845550012916584_8810407603877923019_n.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=QlUWxm9vmhQAX-6TtU0&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=a245f7ed526b29b3e3b465ae9a84e087&oe=5FC90BB9

Board footer