You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

Will wrote:

Great day to be a GN'R fan, cool video 5

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James wrote:

I'm going into anaphylactic shock.

A real video....The General next....it almost feels like summer 91 again!

What a turnaround from the Jukebox fiasco.

For the love of God put Oklahoma on tlaunch pad next.

Video not the greatest but I'm not complaining. They finally did one. 22

It would still be nice to hear them talk about the song or do some interviews to push things along, but at least this is something. Did not expect that at all. I was hoping for a lyric video at best. Maybe they’re finally getting their shit together? We can only hope. Still have no idea what the end game is here, especially after The General. That will feel like Christmas. An actual song we haven’t heard before? Is that possible?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Wow, they did a 4K music video. Shocking, lol

LOL, I didn't even notice that.  I was just shocked that they released an actual music video since it's been so long.

I made sure to watch the whole thing after I clicked on it just in case they decided to pull it down. We’re so jaded!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

Maybe they’re finally getting their shit together? We can only hope. Still have no idea what the end game is here, especially after The General. That will feel like Christmas. An actual song we haven’t heard before? Is that possible?

They are finally getting their shit together.  End game is probably another (maybe last ) album.  They have enough material at this point . And there's no reason to not release an album.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Damn. It looks like the soundcheck was used to film the daylight clips, and that Axl really did perform some of the song on camera (rather than just use slow-mo footage of other songs, which seems to be the majority).

They actually are trying. I wish they put on this much effort back in 2008. With actual promotion ChiDem might be perceived much differently by the public today.

“The General” really is a welcome surprise, even if it was what so many of us have been clamoring for. Exactly what we need, and the band needs. Soundchecks these next few days could become VERY interesting, especially if they validate some of the improvisations, sound checks, and guesswork we’ve been talking about in years past.

It’s really happening.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

Maybe they’re finally getting their shit together? We can only hope. Still have no idea what the end game is here, especially after The General. That will feel like Christmas. An actual song we haven’t heard before? Is that possible?

They are finally getting their shit together.  End game is probably another (maybe last ) album.  They have enough material at this point . And there's no reason to not release an album.

I think your expecting too much. My personal theory is maybe 2 more songs. Maybe. And then catch ya on the flip side. End of the ride.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah this is big.

They made an effort with the video.

The B side could have easily been a live song or Atlas...maybe Oh My God

Something is different this time.

Either an album...or they've decided to drip feed us the remaining big guns.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think your expecting too much. My personal theory is maybe 2 more songs. Maybe. And then catch ya on the flip side. End of the ride.

I agree we're probably on Slash's timeline now.....

2 songs(Absurd, HS)

+

2 songs(Perhaps, The General)

We are here^

+

2 songs(?? ??)

On the other hand....

As they pointed out, were getting close to enough material to compile an album.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

There's too much material for them to just waste it on a slow drip and not take advantage of it.  Lofton just mentioned Oh My God.  I totally forgot about that.  And for most of the world, that song does not exist.  So that's another new song they can release. It's crazy how maybe half of the material has it's genesis in the 90s.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Wow, they did a 4K music video. Shocking, lol

LOL, I didn't even notice that.  I was just shocked that they released an actual music video since it's been so long.

I made sure to watch the whole thing after I clicked on it just in case they decided to pull it down. We’re so jaded!

I downloaded it from YouTube server and I have it saved in a private server for personal viewing, just in case the band or whoever decides to delete the YouTube version at some point.

Board footer