You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The General confirmed next

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm excited too but my expectations are not off the charts like they were in the 2000s.

The leaks started to lower them a bit and then the album release made me realize the project was overhyped.

Yeah, Prostitute kind was the one for me.  It's a good song and all but the hype was not close to what the song was.  I mean it's not Guns/Axl fault.  At the end of the day, it's just music and I'll enjoy it for what it is.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Anyway i don 't want to believe state of grace, silkworms, quick song etc are the leftovers or the BEST songs after CD. I think The General, Seven etc are better than those. I would be dissapointed if the best of CD era are SOG, eye on you, QS... can't believe It.
There must be great songs un the vault and i hope the general, Seven and others are still there and we still haven't Heard them.

At least we have Absurd, HS, Perhaps, The General and hooefuly remade versiona of Atlas, going down if posible, Seven or whatever they have un the vault before récord a new álbum composed by Slash, Duff and Axl...

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Mike McGann wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm excited too but my expectations are not off the charts like they were in the 2000s.

The leaks started to lower them a bit and then the album release made me realize the project was overhyped.

Yeah, Prostitute kind was the one for me.  It's a good song and all but the hype was not close to what the song was.  I mean it's not Guns/Axl fault.  At the end of the day, it's just music and I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Funnily enough,
“Prostitute” is my fav song
Of all time.  Bar none.

Splash

/Mike

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Mike McGann wrote:

Funnily enough,
Of all time.  Bar none.

Splash

/Mike

How do you rate the demos vs. the released version?

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

I'm not Mike, but I loved Prostitute too. Lived up to the hype, in my opinion. The CD track that didn't meet my ludicrous expectations was This I Love. Nobody's fault but my own.

I also kind of agree with everyone who has speculated that The General won't "live up to" the legend it has become. Should still be great though. Hopefully Slash replaced the Finck solo with something that'll remind us how great he can be.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's either:

(a) The locker leaks, along with a small handful of other tracks are really all that was finished from the sessions - so them releasing the 2008 Album plus around 5 or 6 tracks now will really close the door on that period of creativity and there's nothing else than can be saved.

or

(b) The focus is on clearing out stuff that is old that had been partially heard/leaked in some form. Hardschool/Absurd/Perhaps/General - they are all songs we had been exposed to somehow (less so in the case of the General but still we have an idea of it). This would imply Axl has other songs he's tinkering with in his back pocket that he may bring to the new sessions with slash next year.

It's interesting that Tom Mayhue was making it sound like what he heard was closer to AFD stuff. It makes me think there must be more yet for us to hear.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And working with a new solid producer is a good sign. HS and Silkworms sound like they were put together from files recorded at their homes on laptops during the pandemic. Perhaps does not. It sounds like it was made in a studio

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Mike McGann wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
Mike McGann wrote:

Funnily enough,
Of all time.  Bar none.

Splash

/Mike

How do you rate the demos vs. the released version?

Didn’t hear demos.
It just isn’t my style.
But mileage varies smile

Splash

/Mike

carlossacanell

The question is where the fuck are those songs supossed to fill up two and a half or three albums according to SB or Axl?

carlossacanell

I remember and interview Axl saying the second album would be more electronic oriented and the third one nobody was prepared to find a relación between old GNR and that album. So i suppose he was exagerating then or realize that a lote of those songs were not enough good and leave them pass...

Board footer