You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Axl S wrote:

I don't think it's prostitute. Message For You is said VERY CLEARLY during the song wheras the bit where Prostitue is supposedly said, it doesn't even sound like it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He certainly doesn't sing Prostitute. That doesn't mean it's not the song Prostitute, I'm starting to think it is, but the word prostitute isn't sung during the song.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I'm pretty sure the dude from Antiquiet said that he was still trying to get Prostitute. Alas, he doesn't have it yet.

This isn't "Prostitute". I still say that it's "Atlas Shrugged."

A Private Eye

Has nobody across the forums tried asking a band member what this song's called?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Has nobody across the forums tried asking a band member what this song's called?

I tried asking BBF but he said he wasn't allowed to tell us, but he did say he wants to come over to the UK to do his live solo stuff at some point which is nice.

A Private Eye

Axl S wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I tried asking BBF but he said he wasn't allowed to tell us, but he did say he wants to come over to the UK to do his live solo stuff at some point which is nice.

If they've been banned from telling us (pathetic by the way) then it likely is Prostitute, that's always been the mythical 'big gun', now it's out there the myth's blown apart (although I love the song), unless they deny it's Prostitute or just refuse to confirm its title.

This obviously isn't Prostitute if you should believe the description(s) of it:

The song is said to have sounded "Appetite For Destruction"-ish.

[It's a] mid-up, kind of biting 4 minute song with an aggressive rhythm section. The way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gave the song another dimension. [The song is] powerful, like fire and ice.

http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/cd/prostitute.htm

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This obviously isn't Prostitute if you should believe the description(s) of it:

The song is said to have sounded "Appetite For Destruction"-ish.

[It's a] mid-up, kind of biting 4 minute song with an aggressive rhythm section. The way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gave the song another dimension. [The song is] powerful, like fire and ice.

http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/cd/prostitute.htm

Well the song is 6 minutes, it's not AFD sounding and while there are strings, loads of CD songs have strings. And I'm not hearing the other dimension that they give. Good song but apart from the final sentence that does not fit.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Well a long time ago Zakk Wylde described CD as AFD on steroids.  None of these songs really fit that description.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Rex wrote:

Well a long time ago Zakk Wylde described CD as AFD on steroids.  None of these songs really fit that description.

But wasn't that the stuff he worked on for a week. That stuff may have been scrapped totally.

Board footer