You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

James wrote:

A limited number of premium presale tickets for the Toledo, OH show on 8.25.

08 are on sale now via http://tour.nin.com

The presale will end Thursday June 5th @ 5pm EST, or as soon as the limited quantity sells out.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Go to nin.com to get a short EP of the opening bands playing with NIN this summer. Also some reharsal pics that are cool. Rich Fownes was replaced, it seems.

2553336060_74918981f8_o.jpg

Go to nin.com to get a short EP of the opening bands playing with NIN this summer. Also some reharsal pics that are cool. Rich Fownes was replaced, it seems.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nineinchna … 441223672/

I'm so excited for this, and the album cover is now my desktop background. NIN never disappoints with its inclusion of artwork.

Communist China

Update at nin.com

We're releasing a sales sheet to retail today, so some of you clever buggers will undoubtedly unearth this valuable information! Let me make it easy for you:

The Slip will be available in an individually numbered 2 disc, 6 panel digipak & double gatefold vinyl in the US, Canada, and parts of Japan.
The digi will be LIMITED to 200,000 pieces only, each individually numbered, and will include a DVD of NIN performing live tracks from The Slip at rehearsals, a 24-page booklet, and an exclusive sticker pack.
For UK, Europe, Australia, and other territories, the release will not be limited or numbered, but will otherwise be identical.
The gatefold vinyl release contains 1 LP (180 gram vinyl) and a 24-page booklet (vinyl is not limited or numbered anywhere).

CD Street Date (US & Canada): July 22, 2008
CD Street Date (UK & Europe): July 21, 2008
Vinyl Street Date (US & Canada): August 5, 2008
Vinyl Street Date (UK & Europe): August 4, 2008
Japan and Australia release info is TBA

The Slip will remain free for download indefinitely from theslip.nin.com.

Also, I was rummaging through the archives and found the first part of the "God Given" video we never finished. Enjoy!

So for everyone who's been waiting and wanting to see Robin performing on an officially released DVD, it's going to happen - and just like his first studio recording credit on an officially released album, it's going to happen with NIN.

He must be so glad he left Guns for this.

Communist China

REHEARSAL FOOTAGE OF 1,000,000 on pitchfork!

http://www.pitchfork.tv/special-present … ls/1000000

Kickass video. Freese and Robin kicking some ass with NIN. Hurts every GN'R fan to watch would could have been, but the song really comes alive here. Real treat for NIN fans.

Sky Dog wrote:

wow....Robin is so much better suited stylistically for NIN. His chunky,metallic riffing just fits with that type of music.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah he looks so at home in that setting

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

REHEARSAL FOOTAGE OF 1,000,000 on pitchfork!

Kickass video. Freese and Robin kicking some ass with NIN. Hurts every GN'R fan to watch would could have been, but the song really comes alive here. Real treat for NIN fans.

I'm not much of a NIN fan, but this is pretty damn good.

Saikin wrote:

I'm not much of a NIN fan, but this is pretty damn good.

I definitely agree.

It stings a bit to watch it, though - but I'll remain optimistic.

Communist China

A rehearsal video of 'Letting You', also from the Slip, is now up at the same place.

NIN looks like a Freese-and-Robin show right now, those two are dominanting these tracks. And Trent hunching over the keyboard is pretty funny. When he was younger and skinnier it looked more realistic, now that he's kinda of old and really buffed up you can tell he has to stop himself from hurting it.

Communist China

This post is to illustrate a point about GN'R, live touring - the setlist. Axlites have constantly defended the setlist by saying that people know and want to hear AFD, but the fact is that Axl won't move on. NIN's first real show of the tour was last night and check out their setlist (I included the year that the song was released by the track title).

999 999 - 2008
1 000 000 - 2008
Letting You - 2008
Discipline - 2008
March of the Pigs - 1994
Head Down - 2008
The Frail - 1999
Piggy - 1994
Closer - 1994
Gave Up - 1992
Corona Radiata - 2008
The Warning - 2007
The Great Destroyer - 2007
Echoplex - 2008
Wish - 1992
Terrible Lie - 1989
Survivalisim - 2007
31 Ghosts IV - 2008
The Big Comedown - 1999
Only - 2005
God Given - 2007
The Hand That Feeds - 2005
Head Like a Hole - 1989

Wow. Talk about living in the present. This is a tour for The Slip, Ghosts, and Year Zero judging from this setlist. You know why? Because Pretty Hate Machine, TDS, The Fragile and With Teeth already had a tour.

Having never seen NIN live, this isn't my dream set. I'd love to see a few more songs from TDS, The Fragile, and even PHM, but I cannot help by wildly respect Trent's ability to move on.

Board footer