You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Hostel 3 on the way

James wrote:

Last week we broke the news on the film, now we just received a very interesting phone call from a reliable source that informs us that writer-director-actor-producer Scott Spiegel is in serious talks to both write and direct Hostel: Part III, which we're told is slated to go direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray. Spiegel is a big genre fav as he produced both HOSTEL and HOSTEL: PART II for Lionsgate and Sony Screen Gems, starred in Raimi's THE EVIL DEAD, wrote and starred in EVIL DEAD II, and has also been part of various other horror projects (check out his IMDB listing). There is still no word on Eli Roth's involvement, but we'll you posted as news comes in and when we can officially confirm Spiegel's involvement.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com

------------------------------------------------

I preferred the 2nd Hostel over the first so I am definitely interested in this.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Thought Hostel 2 was hilariously bad (in an awesome funny way) and enjoyed it as such with friends. I will pay to see Hostel 3.

Axl
 Rep: -1 

Axl wrote:

Hostel I was so bad, then Hostel II even worse. Now III?
It´s comparable to Saw (OK, Saw I was great), where II, III and IV are so bad.
Don´t understand why they have to make sequels of films that cannot get better.
If you know the film "Seven" with Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey, you might understand what I mean:
That film is perfect with the best ending I know. If there would be a sequel of Seven, even the first/original film would not be that good anymore because you have to see both films together.
Thats why Matrix is so crappy: The first is good, the next are shit.
So all in all, Hostel III will be needless as Hostel II.

James

James wrote:

Hostel 2 was basically what the first one should have been, so I don't really understand the hate it gets.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

hostel 2 was a sexy fun time!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've never seen any of these. Are they any good?

I was told by a bunch of people they both suck.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've never seen any of these. Are they any good?

I was told by a bunch of people they both suck.

The second one is pretty solid. Actually one of the best horror films last year. I didn't like the first one at all. The story isn't as effective with dudes going to the hostel.

They are definitely a tad overrated since everyone raved on the gore. Not much to it, unless you've never watched films with superior blood and guts. The story of the Hostel is what I like, and you get more of that in Hostel 2.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

my friend, bijou, was in hostel 2. it was hilarious.

Board footer