You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah but what GN'R does is beyond "the big hits". I have no problem with them playing Jungle, SCOM, PC, and NR every night. But playing 6 other songs from AFD is crazy. NIN would never igore their new material to play PHM and Broken's lesser known songs, because they're a relevant band. They're not a nostalgia act, like newGNR is (was).

God Given live would be sick. I hope they play that when I see them in Toronto. Closer from this show is up on Youtube, if some other songs pop up that haven't been done live much or at all (like God Given) I'll post links.

EDIT: I might add that they DIDN'T play all the hits. They didn't play Hurt, one of their most known songs. They didn't play Starfuckers, which was a single and as successful as any single track from The Fragile was. Also didn't play The Perfect Drug, but they never play that. They didn't play Every Day Is Exactly The Same, which was #1 on the Us Modern Rock Charts. And they only played 2 from PHM, they didn't play Sin, which was the band's first ever single and second most successful from that album.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm gonna have to go see this....:ummm: and I thought Tool and Radiohead had a cool stage and light show.:mosh:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

For all you rookie NIN fans who have yet to see this band live get off your fucking asses and do it!! They are without a doubt one of the greatest live acts EVER! They just blew my fucking mind tonight in Edmonton for the second time in 11 months. It fucking ruled.  Robin is ten times cooler in NIN than he was in Gn'R. Fuck their stage show blows anything I've ever seen outta the water. 9 9 

One thing CC. Trent would do good to add a few more PHM songs. Terrible Lie and Head Like a Hole are not enough. The PHM songs get the biggest reaction by far and sound the best. Especially Trent's vocals. This was the case tonight as well as last November. Trent should really consider throwing Sin, Ringfinger and Something I can Never Have into the set on a  regular basis. That's What I Get would be a deadly addition as well.  It's not trippin' on nostalgia if the songs are amazing.  Gave up, Pinion/Wish also killed tonight. The new songs are cool but the energy in the building hits  a climax when the old songs play.  Hurt is absolute classic.  Like it or not a large number of people attending a  NIN show are there for the PHM- Downward Spiral era.  I'm not suggesting they neglect the new material but playing 3-4 songs off PHM is nothing like what Axl is/was doing.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Got tickets to see NIN in Toronto, August 5th with my brother!! Couldn't get floor, which sold out in what couldn't have been more than a minute (presales did the same), but got some good lower level seats in the section closest to the stage. Better seats than I had for GN'R in 06 even!

Going to be my first NIN concert (second Robin Finck concert) and I can not wait! Up in Toronto for a day, maybe a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame, a concert...

BTW, did you guys see NIN was listed by USA Today as #4 on their list of the 5 Acts You Need to See This Summer, or something like that. You never see new GN'R on those types of lists...

I am not bullshitting you when I say this but the best seats at a  NIN show are straight away center at the back of the venue. That is of course if you want to really soak in the stage show.  Being at the side of the stage isn't as good.  It's a rare thing that I'd say this but having seen NIN from 3 different vantage points I know it from experience. Of course if you wanna mosh the floor is the place to be. CC if the back of ACC is empty and you're able to move I'd recomend you at least give those seats a shot even if for only one song.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I was standing floor at the Brixton gig I attended during the With Teeth tour. Next time I take in a NIN show I plan to get seats - too old for moshing tongue

The video posted above looks awesome, hope the Lights tour comes to UK sometime (which Im sure it will).

Communist China

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Got tickets to see NIN in Toronto, August 5th with my brother!! Couldn't get floor, which sold out in what couldn't have been more than a minute (presales did the same), but got some good lower level seats in the section closest to the stage. Better seats than I had for GN'R in 06 even!

Going to be my first NIN concert (second Robin Finck concert) and I can not wait! Up in Toronto for a day, maybe a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame, a concert...

BTW, did you guys see NIN was listed by USA Today as #4 on their list of the 5 Acts You Need to See This Summer, or something like that. You never see new GN'R on those types of lists...

I am not bullshitting you when I say this but the best seats at a  NIN show are straight away center at the back of the venue. That is of course if you want to really soak in the stage show.  Being at the side of the stage isn't as good.  It's a rare thing that I'd say this but having seen NIN from 3 different vantage points I know it from experience. Of course if you wanna mosh the floor is the place to be. CC if the back of ACC is empty and you're able to move I'd recomend you at least give those seats a shot even if for only one song.

16 , you've told me that like 3 times now. I'm pretty sure you'll find an exact replica of that post in the earlier pages of this thread.

About adding more PHM, I agree, that album especially evolves into something crazy in the live setting. It's just not my fave album to begin with, SICNH and Thats What I Get don't do much for me, although if they played The Only Time or Sanctified I'd freak out. I also want a few more Destruct songs when I'm there. I want Mr. Self-Destruct, Reptile, anything really. Hell, break out The Becoming and I'd be a happy camper. But I do very much respect their setlist, even if I'd rather have a TDS song than Letting You or Lights in the Sky.

One week!!

Communist China

What Guns Lost:

2713358266_3f1db9bf01_o.jpg

thanks to HTGTH for the pic (and if anyone can re-size it so it all fits without a scroll or having to pull the pic down that'd be great.

Board footer