You are not logged in. Please register or login.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

myillusions wrote:

Shooter (2007) - Good film starring Mark Wahlberg. Thought he did a pretty good job but Kata Mara's accent was horrible. Other than that, the film was pretty good.

Shoot 'Em Up (2007) - Starring Clive Owen, Monica Bellucci, & Paul Paul Giamatti. I enjoyed this film too. Lots of shooting and a fast paced movie. Monica Bellucci gets a worthy mention too.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I liked Dan In Real Life alright actually, it was as good as I expected it to be, which was decent. It could've used a few more jokes I guess, but I liked the tone and I thought the acting was really good for the family setting.

Last movie I saw was Step Brothers, in the theatre, which was funny, despite the lack of any real meaning or movement in it.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:
russtcb wrote:

LOVED Shooter and thought Shoot 'Em Up was ok for what it was supposed to be.

Yeah, too me Shoot 'Em Up was just a fun, fast-paced shoot 'em up movie. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I went to see Starwars: The Clone Wars with my daughter last night...it was bit long but pretty good

wish it was a live action instead though

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not the last, but definitely the best; "Network".

This Lumet classic from the mid seventies features stellar performances from stars like Holden, Duvall, Dunaway and Finch. Set in a news corporation you get a good look at how corporatism is starting to take over the media (and that was 30 years ago!) and how the common people is reacting to it.

One of the great great lines from this absolute classic:

You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here, you're beginning to believe that the tube is reality and your own lives are unreal. You do. Why, whatever the tube tells you: you dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even think like the tube. This is mass madness, you maniacs. In God's name, you people are the real thing, WE are the illusion.

We'll tell you any shit you want to hear, we lie like hell.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pathology-I thought this looked really promising when I saw the trailers for it a few months ago but it was pretty dissappointing to be honest. I wish I hadn't have bought it on DVD and had just rented it. It threatened to go down a promising horror/thriller route but never delivered and was ultimately pretty shit.

I also watched In Bruges again the other day, and it's still great. I highly recommend this film to anyone. One of the best films of this year imo.

Whilst I'm here I saw Superbad the other week. How did this film get such praise? A semi-decent opening half hour and a few good one liners aside this film's a snoozefest, I don't why so many people raved about this film.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree about Superbad, I didn't think it was all that great. Not up there with Fast Times, Breakfast Club or American Pie as far as high school movies. Buying beer was funny, and a few good scenes & lines like you said.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

[

I also watched In Bruges again the other day, and it's still great. I highly recommend this film to anyone. One of the best films of this year imo.

Agreed, watched this last night and was surprised just how good it was. Will watch again soon before too long.

Any film with midgets in is always a winner too.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I watched The Royal Tenenbaums this evening and it sent me to sleep so I don't know how it ended.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I saw Rocknrolla today, pretty good film, a much better effort than Guy Ritchies last few films. If you like Lock, Stock... and Snatch then you'll like this.

Also saw Step Brothers the other day, I'm not as sold on Will Farrell as most people I know but this was pretty good, easy viewing and some pretty funny moments, maybe goes on a bit too long though.

Board footer