You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If this does turn out to be all Ron I expect an apology from one Mr. Lofton.

For what? I've given props to all who are on the song. There's some killer guitar work on the song and even though I'm not a Fortus fan, he's likely on this and I give him kudos as well. They are on fire.

but possibly no Robin which worries me some.

Same here, and I have a feeling he isn't on it. I know some are getting a "NIN vibe", but that can be created without him on the song. There's nothing in the song that stands out as Finck.

If his work on The Blues Better or TWAT is gone I'll be pissed.

Same here, but if it gets us closer to the promised land, Finck can exit stage left.

Just pulling this out of my ass, but perhaps Robin has been gone for a while and Bbf was recording his lead parts over.  Just an idea. 

I don't think Finck is on this song, but i could be wrong.  The more i listen, the more i think it's Ron with the first solo and BH tearing the shit out of it at the end.  The bulk of the music is obviously Bh- i could tell that by the opening.  At least, it was written by him. 

The NIN/Zombie vibe is created by the beat, not the guitars.  I'm a bigger Zombie fan than NIN, so i hear Zombie more than i hear NIN, but it was definently influenced by both. 

The best thing about it, like i said before, it's not overproduced, and it doesn't sound dated at all to me.  This song has some BIG balls.  The way the first single needs to be. 

Excellent decision and kudos to whoever's decision this was.

If Axl had ron redo some of robins parts it could explain his leaving...i mean that would be a huge slap in the face to him

i think that that is assuming too much though

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I wasn't meaning he had Ron redo his parts while Robin was still there, i meant that Robin had left way earlier than we anticipated and thus Ron re-did his parts.  That could very well be the case. 

In that case, i would say it's minimizing the loss by re-doing Finck instead of BH.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Axl S- 16

The olympics are going on and the leak came from Bejing.

Wait... either this has to be something viral or we have some Chinese Hoarders 10 interesting...

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Axl S- 16

The olympics are going on and the leak came from Bejing.

Wait... either this has to be something viral or we have some Chinese Hoarders 10 interesting...

I don't think that was the case.  I really don't know though, so we'll let MSL tell the story.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm so excited to have this confirmed as SR.

Is it possible for someone to change the title of the thread to something like "Chicken Dinner confirmed as Shackler's Revenge?"

I think Chicken Dinner sounds a lot better.

Who came up with that anyway? When he wasn't toothbrushing the floor that is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I just thought it was Chicken Dinner because Buckethead oozes out of the track and it has the same initials as Chinese Democracy.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I just thought it was Chicken Dinner because Buckethead oozes out of the track and it has the same initials as Chinese Democracy.

That was my interpretation.  It's a chicken dinner for the fans, meaning Bh. 

The souls of dead chickens are kicking our asses today!

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm so excited to have this confirmed as SR.

Is it possible for someone to change the title of the thread to something like "Chicken Dinner confirmed as Shackler's Revenge?"

Some douche was just trying to tell me that I shouldn't say that the song is confirmed that as Shackler's because it's hearsay from a chain store employee.

Board footer