You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

ereeper wrote:

My four year old son thinks Axl's voice sounds like Leonard Cohen at the start of the song.  Now everytime I hear it, I think he is right.  Leave it to a four year old to be the ultimate music critic.  He has already hoarded a copy of the song for his room.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
ereeper wrote:

My four year old son thinks Axl's voice sounds like Leonard Cohen at the start of the song.  Now everytime I hear it, I think he is right.  Leave it to a four year old to be the ultimate music critic.  He has already hoarded a copy of the song for his room.

Damn, u sound like an awesome dad. Your son knows Leonard Cohen? DAMN, boy genius for real.:mosh:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
machine24 wrote:

Can u imagine how insane this shit would be live at the VMA's. Talk about blowing the fucking ROOF off.

You're kidding, right?  Nobody at the VMA's is going to want to hear this.  Think a little bit about who is there and GnR's past VMA performances.  The only chance this has of making the VMAs is in some sort of Maddy type melody combined with WTTJ, PC, and/or SCOM.  And if they do it as a melody, people are going to be going WTF? just like they did when Maddy played.

this is not a radio friendly song at all.  Nobody will get through the first verse to even give it a chance.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

why so much negativity?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
machine24 wrote:

Can u imagine how insane this shit would be live at the VMA's. Talk about blowing the fucking ROOF off.

You're kidding, right?  Nobody at the VMA's is going to want to hear this.  Think a little bit about who is there and GnR's past VMA performances.  The only chance this has of making the VMAs is in some sort of Maddy type melody combined with WTTJ, PC, and/or SCOM.  And if they do it as a melody, people are going to be going WTF? just like they did when Maddy played.

this is not a radio friendly song at all.  Nobody will get through the first verse to even give it a chance.

If this song is on Rock Band, it is most certainly going to be accepted by a large group of people. The song isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but putting this on a game of that magnitude will get it noticed by millions of people.

Lets be realistic here.

I do agree that a medley of this would be a fucking disaster. They gotta drop the living in the past crap when going public again.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
ereeper wrote:

why so much negativity?

Well, first off, it's me.

Secondly, it isn't negativity.  It's fact.  Turn on your radio.  Tell me the last time you heard anything like this on it?  Whenever the last White Zombie album came out?  1995ish?  It's not cutting edge - it's a bunch of 90s music thrown into one pot and stirred.  That isn't getting played on the radio anymore.  Hootie and the Blowfish, PJ, Nirvana, and Alanis Morrisette are the 90s bands that gets played on the radio today - not Prodigy, NIN, White Zombie, etc.  I couldn't tell you the last time I heard any of those bands on the radio or TV. 

Why would you expect this to be different?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i disagree with you buzz but i think the need to release it to the radio first goes without saying.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If this song is on Rock Band, it is most certainly going to be accepted by a large group of people. The song isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but putting this on a game of that magnitude will get it noticed by millions of people.

Lets be realistic here.

I do agree that a medley of this would be a fucking disaster. They gotta drop the living in the past crap when going public again.

Yeah, I meant medley...I knew it wasn't right but couldn't come up with the right word.

Sure, it will get noticed by millions of people, but I think you're wayyyyyyyy overstating it's effects.  How many albums have you gone out and bought because you played/heard the song on a video game?  On top of that, people have to actually like the song to play it over and over again on the game, and again, this song is not even close to radio friendly.  In other words, most kids are going to play it once and never play the song again while sticking to the ones they know and like.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think this shit rocks and is a breath of fresh air. Certainly it has a little ThunderKiss vibe to it but the chorus and stuff is catchy as hell and I can see people liking this. OLD school GNR fans are gonna hate it though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the first screachy metal chords may turn peopel off right away

they may cut that part for a radio edit....i could see radio play..but i dont think there will be much of it...

same with the video game...its a tough proposition to put new tracks on those games because usually peopel stick to the classics

Board footer