You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

-D- wrote:

I was the opposite. I couldnt wait to hear them and I took Axl's side after his onstage rants. Thing is, what is epic and great to us, the casual fan may not share our enthusiasm.

Being objective, can you hear any leak that u can honestly say will be a smash sensation make u wanna puke everytime u hear it cause its been worn out so much hit?
Cause Im not sure there is anything close to that.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Just because we are hardcore fans doesn't mean much when it comes to opinions.  I know James hates song 2, when others claim it's the best GNR song ever.  I myself don't like Silkworms and think Oh My God is just average at best. 

Not everyone on the forums are hardcore fans, but almost everyone likes Shackler's... a lot.

I can tell you one thing, i have a lot of friends who aren't GNR fans for the same reasons dj's would bash new songs (Axl is a dick), but when i play them the leaks, they love them.  I have a friend who LOVES all that mainstream rock shit, but i gave him a disc of CD, he was hessitant to listen because GNR sucks, but then fell in love with Better, IRS, CD and Maddy.  When i show him Shackler's, i know he will like that one a lot as well. 

The point is, hardcore fans don't kiss Axl's ass no matter what he does.  I promise you, if Axl had put out Libertad, i'd be tired of it too and not have any urge whatsoever to listen to it.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
machine24 wrote:

I was the opposite. I couldnt wait to hear them and I took Axl's side after his onstage rants. Thing is, what is epic and great to us, the casual fan may not share our enthusiasm.

Being objective, can you hear any leak that u can honestly say will be a smash sensation make u wanna puke everytime u hear it cause its been worn out so much hit?
Cause Im not sure there is anything close to that.

Can you say any GNR song does that for you?  New or old?

I still don't want to puke no matter how many times i hear SCOM, Jungle, NR, PC etc. 

I would expect that is what Axl wants to make happen again.  I don't want GNR to put out Nickelback quality songs, which is exactly what you just described.  When i hear Photograph on the radio, i turn it off as quick as i can.

i was supposed to see STP tomorrow but it's been cancelled because of the hurricane. i'm very jealous of you saikin. sad

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

i was supposed to see STP tomorrow but it's been cancelled because of the hurricane. i'm very jealous of you saikin. sad

Serious?  Dude that really sucks.  I got a ticket for the Seattle show for sale if you want it. 16  I just hope the show i go to is one of their good ones.

yeah i'm serious. sad

they're doing two other florida dates, but they both conflict with smashing pumpkins shows that i'm going to.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Just because we are hardcore fans doesn't mean much when it comes to opinions.  I know James hates song 2, when others claim it's the best GNR song ever.  I myself don't like Silkworms and think Oh My God is just average at best. 

Not everyone on the forums are hardcore fans, but almost everyone likes Shackler's... a lot.

I can tell you one thing, i have a lot of friends who aren't GNR fans for the same reasons dj's would bash new songs (Axl is a dick), but when i play them the leaks, they love them.  I have a friend who LOVES all that mainstream rock shit, but i gave him a disc of CD, he was hessitant to listen because GNR sucks, but then fell in love with Better, IRS, CD and Maddy.  When i show him Shackler's, i know he will like that one a lot as well. 

The point is, hardcore fans don't kiss Axl's ass no matter what he does.  I promise you, if Axl had put out Libertad, i'd be tired of it too and not have any urge whatsoever to listen to it.

The leaks. Better............ God I hate that fucking song, IRS, Chinese Democracy, Rhiad, The Blues.... I personally never care to hear these songs again.

Message For You definitely hasnt had the staying power I thought it would.

Shacklers is amazing. I let my brother hear it and he is what u'd call casual, he only knows the hits and he fucking loves Shacklers. 

Really the only songs of the leaks, I find that I dont tire of are Shackler's and Madagascar.  the rest, after about 2 weeks, I just dont have a lot of desire to pop them in.

I was listening to a mix today while running, and the leaks came on between Coma and Estranged and yeah.................. Im not wanting to start a big this vs that debate. But the difference was pretty easy to tell for me quality wise.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Better for me, just sounds like 3 songs pieced into one. maybe thats bad mixing and the ultimate final version will be different. Plus I am a melodic Chorus kind of person and Better's chorus just kind of lacks that Hook.

Also, I really really wish they'd take those Super Mario Bros bloop crap takin bleeps out of the breakdown part before the "I never wanted u to be so full of anger" parts.

I loved Better when it first came out, but after a few months, Its one of those that is already just worn out for me. I've been listening to Madagascar for almost 8 years now and I still love it. Blues RIR3 is still fantastic. All the other versions of the blues for me are subpar.

CD to me just is an ok song, IRS, I am actually liking it more and more with each leak we get.

If The World is awesome, Song 2, I love it, but for me, I wish it were more of a NR, Estranged type where it had some changes.

The song is just kind of the same riff, same melody the entire song with a little variation here and there but there are no musical changes really, no vocal changes etc.

Once again, Im not tryin to start an old vs new debate. I have a habit of doing that but its one of those things that u cant get a point across unless u use the old as an example.

The thing that really drew me into GNR was the diversity. How each song just had so much awesomeness packed into one song. Take Rocket Queen for instance. u havea an awesome intro, a great classic opening riff. A genius breakdown section and then the outro with the beautiful guitar licks/picking melodies and Axl's heartfelt, beautiful lyrics and vocals.

Estranged is like 3 songs in one but it all flows and never sounds forced the way "Better" sort of feels forced.

If u can listen to this stuff for what it is and forget about the old, its great top level stuff. But when i revisit the old...... it for me, and Im not saying everyone should feel this way, but for me, it just feels lacking.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

GNR0X wrote:

Is that limitless guitar shredding I hear at 3:01? Because it sounds like keyboard it's so fast.

That's Bumble's incoherent wanking on the fretless guitar, which makes it sound that way when playing arpeggios with tapping. But the break before the solo, you know that one strange slow guitar melody is Bucket (2:10-2:15)..rest all Bumble...unfortunately.

Bumble lowers the quality of the song and GnR in general I think. Bucket was something else, his solo on this track was probably much better, Bumble just tried to copy it and add his own thing.

There is a reason why Axl tried for years to get Bucket back, up until the last few weeks before the 2006 shows bucket

Board footer