You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sometimes the songs to me feel like Axl is playing dress up to disguise the mediocre guitar playing. U have Pro Tools induced choir type stuff, Movie quotes, trip hop drum beats all in the place where an awesome riff or solo normally would be.

I think Shackler's and If The World are definitely the two best songs. If The World is the only leak that for me sounds timeless, like its sort of Pink Floydish and I could hear that song being around for a long time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

That's Bumble's incoherent wanking on the fretless guitar, which makes it sound that way when playing arpeggios with tapping. But the break before the solo, you know that one strange slow guitar melody is Bucket (2:10-2:15)..rest all Bumble...unfortunately.

I guess Buckets shredding is well planned out as opposed to Ron's "mindless shredding" roll

chicken_dinner wrote:

Bumble lowers the quality of the song and GnR in general I think. Bucket was something else, his solo on this track was probably much better, Bumble just tried to copy it and add his own thing.

and i suppose you have proof to substantiate these claims?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Wow, now we've gone on to Bucket vs. Ron. Is that progress from Bucket vs. Slash?

Whatever. I swear one day we're gonna be debating who has the biggest dick. It's way past the point of ridiculousness.

This is supposed to be a discussion about SR, which the more I listen to it, the guitar-bass-drum chugging tempo on the latter half of the song is Meta-Matic at a faster pace. That's Praxis to the uninitiated.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

That's Bumble's incoherent wanking on the fretless guitar, which makes it sound that way when playing arpeggios with tapping. But the break before the solo, you know that one strange slow guitar melody is Bucket (2:10-2:15)..rest all Bumble...unfortunately.

I guess Buckets shredding is well planned out as opposed to Ron's "mindless shredding" roll

There is a difference in their shredding. Bucket's flows better, but of course we all have varying tastes.

bigbri wrote:

Wow, now we've gone on to Bucket vs. Ron. Is that progress from Bucket vs. Slash?

Yes it is.:haha:

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Whatever. I swear one day we're gonna be debating who has the biggest dick. It's way past the point of ridiculousness.

This is supposed to be a discussion about SR, which the more I listen to it, the guitar-bass-drum chugging tempo on the latter half of the song is Meta-Matic at a faster pace. That's Praxis to the uninitiated.

shredding is shredding...bumble is no different then bucket or malmsteen for that matter

and i wasnt making it a bumble vs bucket thing and i have never made it a bucket vs slash thing

all 3 guys are fucking brilliant

i was just saying the claims above by chicken_dinner are baseless as we dont even know who is playing on the damn track even the most hard core bh fans arent sure if its him or not

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

shredding is shredding...bumble is no different then bucket or malmsteen for that matter

and i wasnt making it a bumble vs bucket thing and i have never made it a bucket vs slash thing

all 3 guys are fucking brilliant

i was just saying the claims above by chicken_dinner are baseless as we dont even know who is playing on the damn track even the most hard core bh fans arent sure if its him or not

Well, I wasn't directly aiming that at you, I'm just fed up with the constant comparisons. We either fucking like it or we don't. I like what I'm hearing. I don't care who plays it, I don't care if someone considers it shredding or spider-tapping or whatever thinly veiled insult they use.

And, you're right, if I had a gun to my head, on Shackler, I would not be able to pinpoint exactly where Bucket plays or when Bumble plays or when whoever plays. On other songs, it's quite easy.

DbeDz
 Rep: 1 

DbeDz wrote:

I'm sure I probably missed it in this thread somewhere but can anyone describe what the original 'Shackler' song was like?  Is it anything like the possible Shackler leak?

EDIT:  Which of Bucket's 12 million CDs is the song on?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i really think the solo fits the song perfect. it sounds like axl said "go play a mindless shooting rampage on your guitar." it sounds psychotic and violent, really great.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
DbeDz wrote:

I'm sure I probably missed it in this thread somewhere but can anyone describe what the original 'Shackler' song was like?  Is it anything like the possible Shackler leak?

EDIT:  Which of Bucket's 12 million CDs is the song on?

its a dragonballz boosty collins track

Board footer