You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: **Kevin Cogill Who Leaked 9 GnR Songs Arrested Today**

Dadud wrote:

None that i could think of, but at the same time, there's only been a handful of albums that leaked early, causing the release to be delayed.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

The only thing I can think of why it would delay it is if this does have an impact on their negotiations for an exclusive release. If this leak somehow cost them millions of dollars then Universal/Azoff might try to convince Axl to re-do the tracklisting. I am sure Universal wants to squeeze out every penny they can on this fiasco of a project. Like I said this is just my speculation, but there is a ton of money tied up in this project so I wouldn't be shocked if something like this did happen.

Before today's events I always thought it was just a convenient excuse for Axl. Maybe it is.

fora
 Rep: 2 

fora wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:

no matter what side of the coin you are on, this whole insane debacle is funny as hell. You couldn't dream up a more fucked up rock and roll story in your wildest dreams.:haha: If he really wanted to go nuts with this, he would do that crazy sounding rumor and release ten tracks a month over the next 4 months. Dump the whole load by the end of the year. The story would be huge. Sales or no sales he would generate so much press that in the end and over the longhaul, the Gnr brand would prosper.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I agree that the band is 100% behind this.  Axl (not the label) owns the copyright to his own songs, he's the one who decides whether to press charges.  End of story.

It's silly that they're doing this, but is anyone really surprised?  After all the C&Ds in 2006, attacking the fans through email and in open forums, and perceiving themselves as right against a world of wrongs, what should we expect?  This band has been biting the hand that feeds it for years.

MSL better go into hiding.

Sky Dog wrote:

you're being a little naive there Backslash. The label owns that music too...

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
madagas wrote:

Not until it's on an album. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

None that i could think of, but at the same time, there's only been a handful of albums that leaked early, causing the release to be delayed.

There's been zero leaks that have delayed an album. That's why I wanted examples posted. Its the perfect time for those who make such claims to step up to the plate.

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:
madagas wrote:

Not until it's on an album. 16

i'd have to disagree in this case because they paid $13 mill in advance for 1-3 albums from guns n roses...a partnership in which axl is the only remaining member

Board footer