You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

Sky Dog wrote:

Why can't people for once put their prejudices and bias aside, objectively look at the situation, and simply realize that this is the closest we have ever been. We have never had this many legit sources outside of the band claiming the album truly is in "the pipeline" for release. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it damn sure is close.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Actually, it wasn't on the 2006 release list. My fellow Sp1at hounds here(madagas, gnfnraxl, WaRose, sic) remember when BB posted that list. Its when everyone knew they could shut the door on an 06 release.

It's was a long time for everyone, but I guess it was meant to be...

I doubt the album has ever been on the release list after Geffen cut funding in February '04. At that point, all bets were off and Axl needed to finish the album and renegotiate the deal with Uni before a release in any shape or form could happen.

That's why it's a pretty big deal that Uni's now the one hopeful for a release. In 2006, we lacked that, as well as the guiding hand of Irving Azoff. And now the album's done (according to Beta), with no rumors whatsoever about studio work (we got those up to mid-2007).

Whatever happens this year, we're better off to begin with than ever before.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Holy Shit, my first though was to call possible bullshit.  But alot of people I trust telling me its true....:mosh:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Well, this certainly seems like fantastic news.  Going along with all the other rumored Nov. 25th release date.  What a fabulous holiday season it may be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

while this comes from a trustworthy source we still have no verification on any other fronts....and its still not publically declared by either universal or the band...though i did receive word a couple weeks ago, second hand from universal canada, that Geffen would be the label so that matches up at least from 2 different sources

basically we can start to get our hopes up IMO .... but as always there is the posibility for things to change .. especially with gnr ... the only fact here is that as of august it appears that gnr is due for a release from geffen records in the 4th quarter of this year...(which i believe is nov 08 - feb 09)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Why can't people for once put their prejudices and bias aside, objectively look at the situation, and simply realize that this is the closest we have ever been. We have never had this many legit sources outside of the band claiming the album truly is in "the pipeline" for release. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it damn sure is close.

I agree. It seems like the album is in sight. It may not come out this year, it can be next year or never, but now we are close. I wonder if Axl or anyone outside the record company can nix it for whatever reasons, after it is on the list. It's really in the label's hands now, isn't it?

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

this is great news.
fuck-it, i;m getting pissed tonight to celebrate.

Sky Dog wrote:

I wouldn't get too excited so just get half pissed......

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Great news. I think I'm going to celebrate with a session.:haha:

Board footer