You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

The Slip is a disappointment. The rockers don't rock enough (fall victim to drum machines and a scream-less Trent) and the non-rockers do almost nothing. I liked it more after seeing LITS tour, 1,000,000 and Letting You started to sound very good, but it faded with the show's memory. The Slip doesn't stand up to much in NIN's discography.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I agree CC. real dissappintment. Maybe Trent knew this and this is why he gave the fans a chance to download it for free haha.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

NIN released a new album, Ghosts I-IV, today! It contains 36 new instrumental tracks. So it's something for NIN fans, not people who like 4-5 NIN songs.

It's available digitally and physically from nin.com . Sadly, there is way too much traffic to get at it now. There's a variety of formats and you are sure to find something that fits your taste. You can even get 9 tracks for free, if that's what you're into.

Guess i'm an exception. There's aonly a handfull of NIN songs i like but i loved the ghosts. kinda dreamlike and soothing.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Nine Inch Nails cancel October gigs
The band cite 'unforeseen technical issues'

NME.com wrote:

Nine Inch Nails have cancelled a handful of gigs in South America next month.

In a posting on the band's MySpace page, the band announced that they have been forced to change the date of one show and cancel three others due to "unforeseen technical issues".

Nine Inch Nails' October 15 show at the Poliedro de Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela has been moved up a week to October 8. Tickets for the original show will be honoured at the new date.

The canceled shows are:

Sao Paulo BR Via Funchal (October 7)
Porto Alegre BR Pepsi on Stage (9)
Bogota COL BIMA Mall (12)

Source: NME

Communist China

From nin.com

South America, thank you very much! We had a great time performing for you and hanging out in your neck of the woods. I promise we'll be back before long and again I apologize for the cancellations (those were OUR fault and not the promoter's).
On another note, Josh Freese fans be sure to check out a show on the upcoming North American leg of the tour, as sadly they will be the last ones he's playing with us. He informed me he's leaving the tour at the end of this year. Yes, we are still dear friends. No, I'm not sure what we are going to do.
See you in Mexico!
TR

Ah, shit. Freese has been NIN's best drummer in my opinion, as well as one of the best rock drummers performing these days. It will be hard to replace him. Also, the hopes I had of this line-up becoming studio NIN, beyond Trent's live backing band, weaken a bit. I was really hoping the next NIN album would be a Freese-Trent-Robin-Allesandro-Medal-Johnsen collaboration...

The show must go on, though. I hope any NIN fans here get a chance to see them play while Josh is still with them, it's a very strong line-up at the moment.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That really sucks. Like you, I had high hopes with this lineup. Was hoping to see an actual collaboration. Obviously never going to happen. Trent needs to give up a bit of control. He can still be NIN while letting others be involved in the creative process.

Communist China

While I agree NIN could get better by Trent letting Robin write a song or a solo, this is probably unrelated to that. Freese just doesn't stay in bands long, and doesn't appear to really desire more writing opportunities in general. He just likes to change things up.

Hopefully Robin will still get a chance to write, and hopefully he wants to write and is feeling inspired by the new NIN.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Drummer Explains Departure From Nine Inch Nails
By: Don Kaye

Nine Inch Nails drummer Josh Freese has issued a statement regarding his departure from the band at the end of its current North American tour, concluding a three-year stint with the group. Freese wrote in part, "I know a few people are aware that I'm having my third child in January and basically... that about sums it up! I've just been gone too damn much lately and if I hadn't spent so much time on the road in recent years (between NIN, A Perfect Circle, Devo, Sting, the Vandals) coupled with having three kids (come January) then I'd still be out on the road in the new year. It's just that the rate that NIN has been touring (and will continue to tour in 2009) is something that I can't keep up with right now."

Freese added, "My kids need their Dad around and I want to be around for them. I am definitely not retiring or 'done touring'by any means though. I just need to be home a bit more next year." Freese said he had not received "a better offer" from another band and called his gig with Nine Inch Nails "one of my favorite situations I've ever been involved with."

Freese also wrote that he was "a big believer in Trent (Reznor, NIN frontman)," adding that he feels "fortunate and privileged to have had the chance to work alongside of him ... I have faith in the notion that we'll work together again at some point, in some fashion."

Former Lostprophets drummer Ilan Rubin has been tapped to replace Freese in Nine Inch Nails in 2009.

Freese has also been in demand for years as a studio drummer and has played on dozens of records by major artists. He told us a while back that it was hard for him to turn down offers to work: "The fact that I can go play drums and get paid for it, it's like, is awesome. It's really hard for me to say no about things like that. If I was super-rich, I would say no to a lot of these things, but I'm not, so that's how I kind of maintain making a living. I know a lot of great musicians that don't make a living playing music, and I kind of owe it to myself and them to work when someone calls me to work."

Reznor said in a recent post that the band's current tour, which features a large-scale, expensive stage production, will be the last of its kind from the group "for the foreseeable future."

www.htzfm.com

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Interesting stuff! Why would anyone drop NIN for 'personal projects'? thats like taking roadkill over a prime Porterhouse. If anyone is interested, and I didnt want to put this in the GNR section at the whole time of the 'Wheres Finck?' debate but Rich Fowndes was booted from NIN for Justin Meldal Johnson because of Robin Finck directly. The word from Rich was that Finck didnt want him there. For what reason I dont know. So, from that, I think Robin has more of a say in NIN than people may think. Whether thats the case or not I dont know.

I got that info from the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster btw, so I dont think its dishonest in anyway. They still are good friends with Rich so theres little cause for slander or gossip from those guys. Just an interesting snippet i thought.

Board footer