You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

faldor wrote:

Yeah guys, I'd take it easy on Mysteron.  I take his comments simply as he has not seen that list to date, he had seen one through Q3, but not for Q4.  That's all.  I don't think he's saying there's no way CD will be released this year, that list is not to be believed.  I don't think that was his intention.  Whether you believe the guy or not, like some said he usually gives vague answers and probably for good reason.  Even if he knew for sure it was coming out on Nov. 25th do you really think he would come out and tell everyone before the band did?  I don't think it's his place to confirm or deny such important information as that.

I really don't know much about his history, if he predicted the 2002 VMA's or not.  I've never seen him predict anything in the last couple years.  He confirmed Shackler's was a GNR song and would be on Rock Band when lots of people were doubting it.  But I don't think he's one of these guys who makes ridiculous predictions on a yearly basis.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Coming out or not coming out aside, this might be the only time we see this on any internal release schedule.  I would imagine Azoff and the label want to keep the release date as secretive as possible, for as long as possible.  The last time I chatted with a few who are deeply embedded in the industry they claim GNR camp and Universal are still at odds.  The label wants a reunion prior to releasing Axl's opus, believing sales would double and fans would be more forgiving and open to the album if a reunion happened prior to the release.  Makes sense in a weird way.  Obviously, the label also understands the predicament Axl is in, but are less forgiving as they gave him the option to keep funding for the project even if he changed the bands name or produced it as a solo effort.  In hindsight, either of those options would have been the way to go--as he now risks tarnishing the GNR brand, and the label knows it.  The label has put their best offer on the table, and they are not budging.  No one in the know blames them.

DISCLAIMER--this is based upon a chat with folks who do work in the industry, but are not by any means privy to the very private negotiations between Azoff and Iovine.  From what I gather, barely anyone at Universal or Frontline have a clue, as the negotiations are very proprietary in nature.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

come on guys, after so many years you surely have learned a thing or two about these kind of stuff big_smile

oh i see mysteron is also mentioned here....read back all his posts, hints, insider info on htgth....90% of what he told turned out bs....

giving that troll too much cred folks 19

faldor

faldor wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

come on guys, after so many years you surely have learned a thing or two about these kind of stuff big_smile

oh i see mysteron is also mentioned here....read back all his posts, hints, insider info on htgth....90% of what he told turned out bs....

Well Mysteron said he never saw the list, so by your rationale the list is LEGIT and CD WILL be out in November.  Thanks for clearing that up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

He isn't a troll.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Coming out or not coming out aside, this might be the only time we see this on any internal release schedule.  I would imagine Azoff and the label want to keep the release date as secretive as possible, for as long as possible.  The last time I chatted with a few who are deeply embedded in the industry they claim GNR camp and Universal are still at odds.  The label wants a reunion prior to releasing Axl's opus, believing sales would double and fans would be more forgiving and open to the album if a reunion happened prior to the release.  Makes sense in a weird way.  Obviously, the label also understands the predicament Axl is in, but are less forgiving as they gave him the option to keep funding for the project even if he changed the bands name or produced it as a solo effort.  In hindsight, either of those options would have been the way to go--as he now risks tarnishing the GNR brand, and the label knows it.  The label has put their best offer on the table, and they are not budging.  No one in the know blames them.

DISCLAIMER--this is based upon a chat with folks who do work in the industry, but are not by any means privy to the very private negotiations between Azoff and Iovine.  From what I gather, barely anyone at Universal or Frontline have a clue, as the negotiations are very proprietary in nature.

did you quote that from the Velvet Rope.....:peace::butt:

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I don't know if I buy the thought that a reunion would help increase sales for CD.  Theoretically, why would people want to buy an album for a new version of Guns N' Roses if they just saw the old version a month before?  Unless they're being tricked into buying CD under the impression that it's material from the old lineup.  I mean, obviously the brand name, Guns N' Roses, would get a huge boost from a reunion.  But I just don't see how that would help sell the new band.  People already don't consider them GNR, they don't need to be reminded so openly right before they unleash the beast.

Bright Eyes 2005

madagas wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

did you quote that from the Velvet Rope.....:peace::butt:

No, but I do know someone who manages a semi-famous alt. band who posts there, as well as an owner of a independent record label who posts there as well.  I also read almost verbatim what I posted above, posted there about a month ago (reinforces what I have heard).  In that thread, avoiding disclosing who someone maybe or not, I will just say some very famous managers of record labels, and an owner of a very famous record label, in so many words, stated exactly what I posted.  Believe it or not, but there are posters there who know wtf is going on--and are well known record industry folks and musicians.  Put it this way Courtney Love and Rivers Cuomo post there, and that is just the beginning.  I know this, there are some real dip-shit GNR posters there, who prevent any news that those folks know from reaching the public board--and there are many there who are working or have worked on this project (and I am not just talking about an engineers asst. if you know what I mean).

This is simple, and use Hakim's Razor (the simplest answer is almost always the truth).  The label is in business to make money.  They have made there production money back with GH's, but want to now profit.  How will they best profit from this individual product--what scenario gives them the best chance of this project financially succeeding.  I say we have a 50% chance of seeing another project surfacing from GNR, before this hits the market.  I don't think the label is highly confident of this project financially succeeding the way it stands right now.  I think they have given their best offer, and Axl and his "yes-men" seem to be negotiating in vain.  How long is Azoff going to stay around is a more realistic question right now, than "when is this" coming out.  My bet is soon Azoff is going to say, it's either the housekeeper or me, and we know that the messenger will win that one, as the messages will never make it to Axl.  If it does come out, it has to be Nov. 25th, and it will come out of nowhere, and I would bet on the heels of some other news. 

BTW, these are my thoughts, and I hope I am 100% wrong.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Yo, Mr. s...:

strat0 wrote:

ARCADE! haven't talked to you in a long time man. but anyways Something seems a little fishy. Googled the band. no results. Far Downs is from the Hobbit which could explain the weird title. Also looked on myspace and no profile for this band either. EVERY small band has a profile. as do pretty much all big bands.

Reread my post:

Also take note of dates: that was on 2 years ago now; November 2006.:rolleyes:

Another thing is where do these claims come in in other posts on the forum you linked to say there is a harley add with better in it coming out on the 20th of November?

What does the Harley ad have to do with anything?  You are aware of the Harley fiasco, right?:rolleyes:

And this is a bit soon to start shipping the album for a November releae.

Yeah... seeing as it's taken nearly two years (other than to Guernsey/wherever it may be - and believe me only about seven or so people live there, LOL) to ship.:haha:

Bright Eyes 2005

James Lofton wrote:

Universal Music Group - September 2008 Forecast

Guns N Roses are on the list.

http://www.zshare.net/download/189203990f623a12/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D4JIIOA4

http://www.gnrevolution.com/release_list_screen.jpg

Link to full size image (above links are the excel docs)

A few quick questions:  Was this a scanned image, scanned in as a jpg. or converted into a jpg., in other words, what is the original source file type?

Secondly, this looks to be a document put together in late 2007, for a 2008 forecast.  Any clue when this document was obtained?

Board footer