You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

gnfnraxl wrote:
Ceesmannl wrote:

Mysteron

For what it's worth, I asked someone at Universal about it who deals with the new releases and they had never seen it before. They pointed out that the logo on the document is out of date and the word 'International' on it made it dubious as well.

Is he right or are they just denying?

sounds bad if someone that deals with new releases hasn't seen it either.

It's all but a smokescreen.  I believe the list is legitimate but they ain't ready to announce it.  To me this means it ain't set in stone yet.  It could be delayed yet again.  But I believe the list is legitimate.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Ceesmannl wrote:

Mysteron

For what it's worth, I asked someone at Universal about it who deals with the new releases and they had never seen it before. They pointed out that the logo on the document is out of date and the word 'International' on it made it dubious as well.

Is he right or are they just denying?

Neither. He's pointing out that someone he asked at Univeral questioned its legitimacy.

We can easily jazz up the document if thats why people think its fake. Look around this site ~ we have more than a few graphic designers that could easily give the document a kickass design. A quick Google search brings up an array of logos for us to choose from too 16 Fact is we didn't have to edit the document (other than to take out the original authors name in the properties) as we have no reason to.

Are we to assume that Mysteron works for Universal? Or does he have the New Releases manager on speed dial? Or maybe he's just playing it safe? If Mysteron suggests this is real we know the fanbase will take that as gospel and then bite him in ass if a 4th quater release doesn't happen.

Also, would it be Universals best interests to confirm this is a legitimate document?

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
downliner wrote:

We can easily jazz up the document if thats why people think its fake. Look around this site ~ we have more than a few graphic designers that could easily give the document a kickass design.

Well shit.  I can make it look purdy if you want.  big_smile

I sort of understand what people are getting at by saying it looks crappy.  It does.  But, I've seen plenty of memos and bulletins in companies I've worked for that looked like crap too.  And I'm talking creative companies with hordes of graphic artists.  This wasn't meant to be publicised and put up on the net, so it's not suprising that they didn't bother spending a bunch of money on making it pretty.  Besides, the original is an Excel document - Excel is for organizing and sorting data, not for making flashy presentations.

Then again, I trust the source of this, so I believe it's legit anyway.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I believe your source/info is legit, or was legit at a time. Although it impresses me how some people close to the Axl camp can't stop lying or trying to mislead the fans. Pardon, the enemies.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sometimes I don't even think it's Axl. I think some people (Mysteron) intentionally fuel negativity, because he didn't get his stamp on it first. Then suddenly the positivity comes when it's something he "breaks".

I've watched him do it before.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

'Marketing' are always changing the logos. A lot of internal documents are out of date with the latest branding or corporate guidelines. Its not a big deal.what's the big surprise anyway? I think a lot of us expected that the band would 'aim' to release it this year. Plus its only a forecast, not an official release schedule

Spanish hoarder
 Rep: -3 

Can you believe if I say what when I was working in Sambors (mexican walmart) i see Guns N Roses new album in 2002

Spanish hoarder
 Rep: -3 

Ok course in a list...so everyone in gnr boards wants to see CD in November but the last message for Mysterio AW, a guy ask for the Tommy departure.

Possibly, I do not know.

All I know is that when people fake shizz, people can suffer unecessary shizz for no reason.

I hope CD is out QTR4. Let's see what happens.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Plus its only a forecast, not an official release schedule

This is one of the reasons I laugh at these people labeling it fake. It doesn't even guarantee an 08 release(no date obviously). In fact, it doesn't even mention Chinese Democracy.

Its basically a guideline.

Also, as already pointed out, if we wanted to fake something, elmir and dreamline could whip up the most pristine documents you've ever laid your eyes on. These guys work on actual designs from scratch, but some think they would have difficulty with some basic document?:laugh:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah that's the most important part.  I believe the list comes from a legitimate source, but if it does or doesn't, that doesn't guarantee anything.  It's a forecasted release date.  We've gotten a tentative release date before and that didn't work out too well.  Until we get a concrete, for sure, worldwide release date I don't think it's worth getting up in arms over this.

Board footer