You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

Von wrote:

I think Best Buy's exclusivity window will be for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday first week of release. Maybe second week, too. That's it. It'll be limited exclusivity, which they've done before, to bank on such a big sales week. This is quickly turning into a brilliant marketing coup. Congrats to the new management. By the way, as for the ball being dropped on SR, can anyone else say "smokescreen"?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I listened to some but then I quickly turned it off.

This is it. I'll wait until it comes out to hear the final versions.

At this point, I agree. The album is here. These are finished versions. All we are waiting on at this point is the official date.

We've reached the point of no return.

audio quality total garbage. Vocals are different. Ron is on this(at least CD), and sounds like the guitars may have been upped a bit in the mix.

This is a good time to be a GNR fan. 9

James

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

And I just read a thread over at ChineseDemocracy.com that they're (Myspace/label) currently re-doing the Guns N' Roses MySpace. Apparentely there's a message popping up saying that, but that could basically mean anything.

Means nothing. Myspace has expanded its music section, and most artists are now going to have their entire discography on Myspace. M.I.A. just put up Arular. GNR is probably doing a similar upgrade.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I think we might get an announcement VERY soon, like today.

My reasoning?

These Best Buy employees are gonna be comin home this weekend, and there's alot of information that's going to fly. Surely gnr want to get it out there themselves?

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

could someone please sniff me in the right direction?

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the people who apparently 'have an ear' for music are going crazy over at mygnr.com abbout the differences in the songs, 'if the world' is now apparently amazing etc. i am not going to comment as i am listening to them on a shitty computer through winamp. i am just wondering what those of you who consider yourselves musically savvy and can pick up on the subtle differences think about it.

i realise the sound quality is atrocious 19

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

There are differences. As I've said, the drums sound totally rerecorded and more "live," at least on TWAT. Guitars have more pop. As James said, I hear Bumble on at least CD. Bucket's still felt on these tracks, especially TWAT. If the World is much cleaner overall. Hard to really get into it with such shitty quality audio.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

did anyone else notice the banging drums on the intro to cd?
sounds good.

James

James wrote:

There are definitely differences in the final version of CD. While the quality is terrible, you can tell the vocals are different and as already mentioned, Bumble is on the track. If he's not, somebody else is.

The mix sounds different, especially on If the World.

However, if you didn't like the songs before, you're not going to miraculously start liking them after hearing them now.  Anyone who says If the World is amazing from hearing this thought If the World was amazing before. There's nothing in this leak to sway opinions.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

did any one notice axls scream on twat before the 2nd solo ? he's pretty loud there.

the structure of the songs is the same as the leaks. i'd say the 9 leaks are pretty much very very close to the final mix.

Board footer