You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Not wrong.  Maddy sucks ass, so I would take my world over it because even though it sucks, my world ends sooner. 

I actually like Better.  It is my 2nd favorite of the leaks after TWAT.  I would take any UYI demo (that I've heard) over either song.  If they could strip either Better or TWAT down, I think I would prefer those to some of the UYI/AFD songs, but as they stand today, I stick with my choice of the UYI demos.  I said this when I first heard them and I'm still saying it.  Too much going on, but a lot of potential with both songs.  My opinion has not changed a bit.  Clutter ruins every single one of these new band leaks.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

so you would rather listen to my world and shotgn blues than twat and better?

i don't believe you but i respect your opinion

by the way you haven't responded to my pm

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

so you would rather listen to my world and shotgn blues than twat and better?

i don't believe you but i respect your opinion

by the way you haven't responded to my pm

You didn't ask about TWAT and Better, but yes.  If I could get a stripped down TWAT and Better, that answer would change.  I can't listen to either song without cringing in their current format, but like the song structures and recognize the potential.

Your inbox is full, so I can't respond.  I used to, but I haven't in a long time...it got boring.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

originally i did but i didn't think it mattered since it was any new song and had to pick two, not three. anyways it doesn't matter any more.

i just emtpied my inbox but that's fine if you don't want to play. if you do pm me and we can play next weekend or whenever.

later - gonna go watch the vikings with my son and then go record some more of my shit.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Before anyone in management starts chewing us out, other than a few personal references by both of us, this was actually a pretty good discussion (though probably the wrong place for it).  We've conversed through PMs and there is no problem here...nothing to see...move along.

Sky Dog wrote:

And Ezra Pound and T. S. Eliot
Fighting in the captain's tower
While calypso singers laugh at them
And fishermen hold flowers
Between the windows of the sea
Where lovely mermaids flow
And nobody has to think too much
About Desolation Row

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The funniest thing about the last couple of pages is that Buzzsaw TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT.

No one (war or russ) is saying the music is as good, and the comparison to My World or Shotgun Blues is an obvious radical statement, just for the sake of it. Silkworms is better than those fuckin' songs.

The point that is being driven home is alot like alot of the blogger posts on RollingStone.com I personally feel, as do alot that the large majority feel that way.

It's not that you would do a 'blind test' and tell people listening it's some new band, do you like the music. You TELL THEM it's Guns N' Roses, but it's the reunion album. I guarantee you they'll bust a nut all over the results on how great it is and how great Slash is.... and he isn't even on it.

Alot of the hate (not all) will come SOLELY from people that will hate it, because THE MEDIA has BRAINWASHED THEM to hate it. It must suck, because Slash isn't there, when it fact even the worst new GN'R leaks shit all over ANYTHING VR has done. I was actually disappointed more in Weiland with VR. They were one of the most mainstream, commercial and manufactured bands of the mid-90's.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

No, that isn't it at all.  You guys keep making it about Slash, it's really about the songs themselves.  You guys keep bringing up Slash, not me.  I've said plenty of similar comments about Slash's post GnR work as I have about Axl's.  Neither of them is nearly as good without the other.

As for VR, I'd take most of the VR songs over these leaks even though i don't really care for either.  At least I can hear what's going on in the VR songs (though at times I wish I couldn't).  The only thing these leaks shit all over is themselves. 

If these leaks were the holy grail, cd would have been out a decade ago.  It's pretty common knowledge that the album was rejected by the label, even if it wasn't "officially" rejected.  None of these songs are new since then.  Put two and two together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I got banned for being right and not being willing to let it go.  I got banned for demanding an apology that I knew I would never get.  That is well worth a banning.

You were temporarily banned for continually harassing a fellow member even after being warned. Let's not distort facts just to prove some point you have about 1991.

I love how you think your opinions are facts. If I say how good Bucket is on a track, its merely an opinion. If you say Slash is good on a track, its fact.

There's a section here where we can all talk until death about how wonderful the old band was.

Here it is:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewforum.php?id=3

We also have a VR section, and its funny how its rarely used and they are only mentioned in this section every time something newsworthy happens regarding Chinese Democracy.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I got banned for being right and not being willing to let it go.  I got banned for demanding an apology that I knew I would never get.  That is well worth a banning.

You were temporarily banned for continually harassing a fellow member even after being warned. Let's not distort facts just to prove some point you have about 1991.

There is no distortion James.  I was banned because you weren't going to back down and neither was I, but you own the site, so you have the power.  Banning me was wrong whether you want to admit it or not and others in management have agreed with me.  Do we really have to go down that road again?  I received a lot more support than you know about.

Board footer