You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

Mikkamakka wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Well like Neemoi said in another thread, if we go by the 8 weeks promo Axl told us a couple years ago, if we don't get a release date by this Friday you can officially rule out Nov 25th.  And after that well....

Not neccesserly. They could have begun the thing, but haven't updated the fans. Would not be a surprise. What makes me a bit worried that a leak should happen soon if the production began. Seems like they're not in that stage yet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

W. Axl Rose doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

Section: 76-5 / Article: 1L9

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Axlin08 wrote:

W. Axl Rose doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

Section: 76-5 / Article: 1L9

he'll negotiate with me goddammit! brb Malibu.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Well like Neemoi said in another thread, if we go by the 8 weeks promo Axl told us a couple years ago, if we don't get a release date by this Friday you can officially rule out Nov 25th.  And after that well....

Not neccesserly. They could have begun the thing, but haven't updated the fans. Would not be a surprise. What makes me a bit worried that a leak should happen soon if the production began. Seems like they're not in that stage yet.

If you wanna keep your head in the sand that's your choice man.  From what I understood in Axl's letter was that the release date would be announced 8 weeks before to get proper promotion.  We are at that stage for the Nov 25th date man.  Plain and simple.  Someone posted all the promo he thought happened.  SR in RB 2 wasn't promo.  I'm not even sure RB2 even uses SR as promo.  That tanked as much as OMG in End of Days.  I ain't saying SR is worst as OMG.  Just it got less promo than OMG.  Take the ACDC deal with Wal-Mart.  It was announced OFFICIALLY (not rumoured) well in advance so that people knew an album was coming and where to buy it.  Just because it's GNR it's not gonna be different.  And don't tell me everyone knows it's coming.  An album that's been over 10 years in the making, you don't know it's coming.  You just assume it'll never see the liht of day.  Personally I knew when we didn't get a statement the day after RB2 was released that some were heading for disappointment.  After this Friday I don't believe the release date will be Nov 25th 2008 if we didn't get a statement from GNR or UNI or BB.  After that wether we like it or not only 3 weeks left before Christmas.  So within 3 weeks if we do not get a statement no album in 08.  I don't like it either but that's the way it is.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

I understand your points, but as Axl runs Guns N' Roses, I don't expect him updating the fans. Well, if there isn't any official word about the release date in the next 2-4 weeks, then we can write off the November 25th date, maybe the whole year. I'm more worried about the fact that there isn't a single gossip about the first video, although that is badly needed to sell well in the first weeks.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I understand your points, but as Axl runs Guns N' Roses, I don't expect him updating the fans. Well, if there isn't any official word about the release date in the next 2-4 weeks, then we can write off the November 25th date, maybe the whole year. I'm more worried about the fact that there isn't a single gossip about the first video, although that is badly needed to sell well in the first weeks.

Thing is Mikka is that it's not just Axl.  You have to consider that Uni is involved in this.  And they have a 13 million dollars investment that they wanna recoup.  They would announce the release date if Axl won't.  Plus you have Best Buy.  They paid to have an exclusive deal (If the rumors are true) so they would announce it too.  I'm telling you, no announcement this week no Nov 25th release date.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

As far as we know, the Best Buy deal isn't done, so they can't announce the release. I agree that if the negotiations aren't going well and there is no deal this week or early next week, then it won't come out in november. I see that something should happen very soon. Very, very soon, or nothing will happen in months. Anyway, I'm not pumped for the release, the majority of the new songs didn't get me excited.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

OH HORSEFUCK JUST MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT I AM DIEING HERE

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I was thinking about this yesterday.  What if we call the Best Buy corporate office and speak with someone in Public Relations?  Maybe we could drum up some details.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer