You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: AC/DC "Black Ice" Album and Tour Discussion

I've always liked AC/DC because their music is simple and it kicks ass 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

AC/DC: 18 'Black Ice World Tour' Concerts Sell Out In Record Time - Sep. 23, 2008
Fans responded enthusiastically to the first AC/DC world tour in eight years with 18 "Black Ice World Tour" concerts selling out in record time. Unprecedented fan response forced additional shows in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Oakland.

"Black Ice World Tour" ticket sales highlights include:

* Chicago's Allstate Arena concert sold out in minutes forcing the second show to go on sale, which also sold out over the weekend.
* Both Madison Square Garden concerts sold out in minutes.
* Vancouver's General Motors Place concert sold out in 4 minutes, a record for that venue.
* San Antonio fans purchased more tickets in one day for AC/DC than for any other artist in that market's history.
* Tickets for Toronto's Rogers Centre sold faster than any stadium concert in the venue's history.

"The tremendous fan response to AC/DC is evidenced by record breaking ticket sales this weekend," said Columbia Records co-Chairman Steve Barnett. "Along with the worldwide success of the 'No Bull' DVD re-release, it's obvious that fans are anxiously awaiting the October 20 release of the new album, 'Black Ice'."

"AC/DC's fans came out in force this weekend to get tickets to the band's upcoming 'Black Ice' tour," said David Marcus, Ticketmaster's senior vice president, Music. "A live AC/DC event promises to be a legendary rock show. We're glad Paperless Ticket helped fan club members and fans get tickets at face value for designated seats."

The "Black Ice World Tour" opens on October 28 at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The worldwide tour '” the band's first since 2001 '” promotes "Black Ice", AC/DC's latest studio album. "Black Ice" will be released on October 20 and sold in the U.S. exclusively at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and www.acdc.com. The album is currently available for pre-order at www.walmart.com and www.acdc.com.

Tickets to AC/DC's "Black Ice World Tour" are available through Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone, Ticketmaster retail outlets, or at ACDC.com. Specific market on sale dates and times are listed at Ticketmaster.com's AC/DC page. Fans ordering tickets through Ticketmaster.com will have an exclusive opportunity to pre-order AC/DC's "Black Ice" album in connection with their ticket purchase.

Additional appearances throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia, will be announced shortly.

"No Bull: The Directors Cut" '” a newly edited, comprehensive HD DVD of AC/DC's famed July 1996 Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas concert in Madrid, Spain '” was released on September 9 and reached the top of the music DVD sales charts in 10 countries. The DVD debuts at #1 on the DVD sales charts in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States. It's #3 in Belgium and #4 in Austria and the United Kingdom.

The first single from "Black Ice", "Rock 'N' Roll Train" was released to radio on August 28 and immediately went to #1 at Rock Radio. The video for "Rock 'N' Roll Train" premiered September 19 on www.acdc.com and www.vh1.com.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Black Ice has leaked..... Time to get that school uniform out!

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I'm tempted to download it, but I think I might just wait until my copy of the CD arrives.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Tempting...i'm still wondering where i'm going to be able to buy it in australia!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Wasn't Black Ice going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive?  HMV will sell it here in Canada.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's decent. Sounds like  all other AC/DC albums although to be honest there aren't any songs that stand out as classics. This one is weaker than Stiff Upper Lip.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

It's decent. Sounds like  all other AC/DC albums although to be honest there aren't any songs that stand out as classics. This one is weaker than Stiff Upper Lip.

It's pretty generic hard rock, which is fine at their age. I wouldn't really expect them to crank out something with a ton of classics on it at this point in their career. It's not really an album I will listen to very often, that's for sure. But I won't delete it either.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Does Anyone know this.  Wasn't ACDC's new disc supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive?  Here in Canada they'll sell it everywhere?

Board footer