You are not logged in. Please register or login.

noGnoG
 Rep: 0 

Re: How many times have you seen GN'R live?

noGnoG wrote:

I saw them three times in 2006: Dublin, Dessel, Nijmegen

VR two times: 2005 in Essen 2008 in Amsterdam

I also saw Gilby solo in 2005

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm jealous. Even with a so-so GN'R, to see Faith No More, Metallica & Guns N' Roses in the same show... fuck... that's like a must before you die.

Yeah, from the time Faith No More started, to the time GNR ended 8 hours had passed.  Given, a chunk of that time was set change.  I was about 15 or16 at the time and it was awesome.  Now as an old man I'm worried I'd just be irritated by shit taking so long.

And since people are adding in side shows now, I also saw

The most recent version of Snakepit opening for AC/DC
Gilby solo show
Col. Parker show

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Thrice..

- 05/93 Milton Keynes (w/Izzy)
- 06/06 Hammersmith
- 07/06 Birmingham (w/Izzy)

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

The Metallica show cost $50.  I think Faith No More hit the stage around 5:00 and they were great and Metallica was on fire.  It was my second time seeing Guns and came no where close to that 91 tour in Toledo before UYI's were even released.  Luckily, the show in 93 proved that Guns were one of the best live bands ever.  That's what's great about this band is the suspense.  You never know when or if they will play and what you are about to witness.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:

only once, in Milan, Gods of Metal 2006

I watched the show from the pit, moreover, I had a pass for the "non VIP backstage" (backstage was formed in different areas with degrees of access) and I was able to see the band arrive and enter.... and after the show I touched Axl

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

twice, 12/02 - Hartford, CT
11/06 - MSG

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

If you only count a complete show once in St-John NB in 2006.  Saw them for about 3 songs in 92 in Montreal.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

4 times but I bought tickets to 5 shows.

1993 - Edmonton
*2002 - Vancover No Show Riot
2006 - NY Hammerstien night 2
2006 - Calgary
2006 - Edmonton

The 1993 Edmonton show was the best of the bunch. Hammerstien was great, Calgary sucked big time and Edmonton 2006 was decent.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

If your counting canceled shows then throw two more on my total.  I was suppose to see him/them in Detroit just after he slashed his hand on the mic stand in 92 and when they rescheduled that show it was canceled too.  That one may have been due to all the St. Louis legal shit, I can't remember for sure.  I know I had just awesome seats and Soundgarden was suppose to open then the Pumpkins the other one.  Although I'm happily married now, that first date I was suppose to have with that hot 20 something at this concert will always be what could have been in my mind.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The only real reason I included the Vancouver incident on my list was becasue they cancelled the show an hour after the doors were supposed to open. We were there just never got a show.

Board footer