You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: How many times have you seen GN'R live?

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. I used to work with one that was a diehard Metallica fan. Classic "they sold out after Justice, blah blah blah" type. Yet this was the same dude that thought Queensryche with Mindcrime & Empire were so bad ass, yet GN'R became a bunch of pussies with the Illusion albums. Rain, Estranged, Cry, etc...

He and I used to get into arguments, when he talked all kinds of shit about new GN'R and how Axl sucks, and Axl's an asshole, etc. Yet he had never once heard them live ever, nor any bootlegs. Then proceeded to say "they've got to suck. Buckethead is there".

Buckethead is probably the most god-gifted musician to ever grace the Guns N' Roses brand, with YES, W. Axl Rose running second.

I mean we got into a flat out shouting match at work, and had to be seperated. The dude was a fuckin' high school locker room linebacker type, with three cents worth of brains... and the sad thing is... most Metallica fans i've ever known in person - are exactly the same. DUMB.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i used to know a guy who was a huge AC/DC fan....and he would always tell me that Axl was a shitty singer...i just rolled my eyes and said whatever to him like his opinion mattered for who was a good singer 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Why did you regret it? Bad crowd? GN'R sucked?

Axl stopped during LALD told the crowd to go get a fucking refund, threw the mic and left.  A huge riot soon followed.  Also Metallica couldn't finish their set due to serious injuries sustained by James Hetfield when a pyro went wrong.  Axl could've been the hero that night instead he chose to be an asshole.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh my bad. You saw the Montreal show. Got it...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

You were at that show Russ?  Did you have a hard time getting out of there?  We had a tough time.  One of my friends was injured.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah that show sounds like it would have been a nightmare! I understand what some of you are saying about metallica fans who take issue with other bands, and even their own band accusing them of selling out and all the rest of it. Very frustrating. Myself I have a tremendous amount of respect for metallica as musicians, songwriters, and peformers. They've always been a kickass live act and will continue to be so IMHO.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah that show sounds like it would have been a nightmare! I understand what some of you are saying about metallica fans who take issue with other bands, and even their own band accusing them of selling out and all the rest of it. Very frustrating. Myself I have a tremendous amount of respect for metallica as musicians, songwriters, and peformers. They've always been a kickass live act and will continue to be so IMHO.

To me every band has some fans that are for a lack of better terms idiots.  Take GNR for example.  Some fans will defend Axl till they die.  Axl can't do no wrong, he would kill someone and those fans would say it wasn't his fault or would come up with excuses that makes it all right.  Those same fans will hate any former band members and say they were all useless and irrelevant.  Axl is the best ever and is still the biggest act.  Even read in another board once where someone said that Hetfield was jealous of Axl's carrer.  Now I don't kno Hetfield personnally but I'm pretty sure he'd rather keep his own carrer.  So that ain't better than those Metallica fans.  BTW I ain't accusing anyone on this board of being a crazy fan like I described.  I never got why you can't just like more than just one band.  Metallica and GNR are two of my all time favorites.  But I like hundreds other bands as well and I have other all time favorite bands as well.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

we all agree with that but...........we were talking about the fact that a more elite group of tools exist within the metallica fan base, consisting primarily of young men ages 16 - 24, who don't know anything about music or anything else other than football, that think they are the authority on rock and metal music.

Well, a lot of assholes discover Metallica and suddenly think that they're into the heaviest thing on the planet - and even worse, equate "heaviest" with "best". In that way, they're a lot like a Playskool My First Metal Band.

On topic, I've never seen GNR live. Axl hasn't come back to Indiana since I've been a diehard. If he doesn't on the next tour, I'll have to give in, and make the drive. That'd be Ohio, I guess.

Board footer