You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow....so is the single just free?? That'd be a pretty cool move if so.

No it's not free. My Mac allowed me to download the stream from Q 104.3's website. They slapped some voiceovers that say "music on demand" on the song to make sure that it's not a perfect version of it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

tejastech08 wrote:

Got the email sent to you Randall. Hopefully it works.

thanks

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow....so is the single just free?? That'd be a pretty cool move if so.

No it's not free. My Mac allowed me to download the stream from Q 104.3's website. They slapped some voiceovers that say "music on demand" on the song to make sure that it's not a perfect version of it.

Ah....well it's a great transfer, thanks! I'm about to listen to it ALOT on the way to work.

No prob. That's one of the cool things about Macs. There's this plug-in called "Flip4Mac" which allows you to play Windows Media through Quicktime. Well, when you play things in your browser, there's an option to save it as a Quicktime movie. So I did that, then exported it through Quicktime to a WAV file. Added the WAV to iTunes and converted it to mp3. The original stream was only 128 kbps, so technically I gave it a higher bitrate than it needed, but better safe than sorry. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

So apparently it's getting panned by callers on Boston's WAAF morning show. Not shocking. People aren't going to give this music a fair shake no matter how good it is.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

it's gonna get torn apart by the public so we'd better get prepared for a lot of shit thrown towards the band from now on. it won't matter if the music is good or not.

a harsh, bumpy ride is starting for gnr now.

Who cares?

I think it's great and that's all that matters to me.

It's a good time to be a Guns N' Roses fan and I will not focus on the negative stuff and I hope that GN'R themselves won't either.

Board footer