You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

PaSnow wrote:

I heard it!!!!  Yeah!!!

They announced it on the popular moning show here & went to commercial, they came back, intro'd it and off it went. It has the same talking beginning, then the acoustic plucking(?) then bangs out the rock. Slight difference is there are drum hits which sound like gunshots during the first of those 3 intro chords.. Other than that it sounds VERY similar. Myb some of you will pick up nuances but there really is very little difference. Myb an extra (higher pitched) vocal track underneath, but myb it was on the original. Anyway, afterwards the host just says "Wow, that was different than I thought" and one of the sidekicks said "Yeah, that was good."

I had pulled up to work & was already late so I couldn't listen longer, but they were going to take callers to get their reactions, but they had to do traffic, news etc.. I had to go.

Aussie wrote:

Any body work out what the lyrics are changed to on the second last line

"When their arms reach out for your help".

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Also did anyone else notice in the intro at about 32 seconds where there is all the Chinese murmurings - somebody says "that's bullshit"?

There's definitely some new voices in English in the intro, I think the new line is "while their arms reach out for your help" instead of "from your ass to your head you can't tell".

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Well I wont describe it in detail, since so many already have, but I will say this... AMAZING!!!

The little bit I have heard, the reaction is positive.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

i am very impressed

anyone who has a big problem with this song is most likley not being honest.

it will get ripped a bit in the begninning by the ones that have been waiting to do so and then things will calm down and the casual listeners will latch onto it.

So much for every opinion having value...

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

When people hear it, its definatly going to punch them in the face.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Oh yeah, they also stated the release date is Nov 23rd, so I imagine they got that thru the source, not online.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

we're actually listening to an official single from guns n' roses 16 after all this years.

i'm very happy about the single choice because i think this is a great song. also, people already know about chinese democracy so what better name for the first single?

it sounds great, can't wait to get home from work to listen to it properly (thanks tejastech08 for the rip, btw). there's alot of differences and i can see why everybody in the band said "these are all demos".

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Oh yeah, they also stated the release date is Nov 23rd, so I imagine they got that thru the source, not online.

Not likely. These radio stations are just as out of the loop as we are on it.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

everyone here heard it?  my local stations getting ready to play it again

www.1057thex.com

Board footer