You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

misterID wrote:

Thanks, dude! 22

Intro sounds good so far...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sounds fuckin' amazing. I'm not very anxious to hear finished versions of everything else.

My local rock station played it, but didn't make any kind of big deal out of it. Not in a bad way, but like "and hey guys, here's a new track from Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy, check it out".

Like GN'R has been around, and never went away, just a new track. Maybe the DJ doesn't know the backstory, I dunno...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Vocals are punk. I dig it. But they're covering the bassline with guitar. Fuck...

The added guitar really complements Robin's and Bucket's solos, though.

I'm on the fence... I dig everything but Bumble's guitar over Tommy's bassline. At some points it's pretty cool, at others it almost comes across like Motley Crue... It's good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Definitely send karma to tejastech. He was the first to grab that stream, and rex threw it up on 4shared in the off chance that link died.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Definitely send karma to tejastech. He was the first to grab that stream, and rex threw it up on 4shared in the off chance that link died.

My link is good, but his is better because it lets you listen to it on the site and then download it if you want. Mine's just a straight up download. Glad he put it on 4shared. Makes it easier for people to listen to it right away.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Vocals are punk. I dig it. But they're covering the bassline with guitar. Fuck...

The added guitar really complements Robin's and Bucket's solos, though.

I'm on the fence... I dig everything but Bumble's guitar over Tommy's bassline. At some points it's pretty cool, at others it almost comes across like Motley Crue... It's good.

Motley Crue? LOL, I don't think so. That is the one thing new GN'R is about as far from being as possible.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nah, not the song, Bumble's guitar reminds me of Motley Crue. The song is awesome. It just lost that Nirvana meets NIN feel.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

For those that listen to Stern live, has he mentioned the song yet?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Radio 1 played it, but a shorter version..i think....  still, good

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

radio 1 dj in uk compared the opening riff  to the riff in the song 'i believe in a thing called love' by the darkness, she liked it though. she doesnt know that the song is probably older than her.

i still think it's the wrong song as the first single,  usually the first single makes or brakes an album.

Board footer