You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

war wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

i lost you at the end there
cd will be successful because of money and proper promotion/management

i agree that sales doesn't always equal substance when you have people with herd mentality

Of course good promo helps.  I'm gonna tell my friends about this as well.  And if the promo is handled well it will help sales.  But again.  After that CD should be given a chance to do well on it's own.

agreed 5

and it will 9

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Review from an Australian radio station - Triple M:

"First up, it's clear the new track sounds nothing like Appetite-era GNR. The song begins slowly with an ominous rumble but when the explosive double shot of Axl's wailing vocal and stop-start riff hits you're on a runaway train that doesn't stop.

On the downside, there isn't a memorable chorus and the song sounds like it's been put through an industrial processor (think Nine Inch Nails). And despite a few listens we still don't know what Axl's singing about (something about an "iron fist"?).

Overall though, the song has the muscle to move a small army. The riff is hot, the guitar solos zing and Axl's voice has the primal intensity that's made him one of the best rock vocalists of all time.

The verdict? Guns n Roses are back and they've got our attention. Now for the new album - bring on Saturday November 22!"

See - that's what I want to hear in this thread smile

Although --- when could anyone ever figure out what Axl was singing about???

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

But back in 87 when I heard AFD for the first time I was 14.  I ran to my friends house and told him to listen to this.  We were in awe!  Even at the age of 14 I realised that this album was special.  Anytime you heard WTTJ it made your head turn to see what the buzz was all about.  From the intro it knocked you out.  And the album just never let you go after that until it was over.   While CD is a very strong track and it contains other very good songs.  Nothing in there makes me wanna run to my best friends house to make him listen to cause I think that what I have in my hands is the greatest thing in music.

Yes but maybe if you were 14 again you would be more excited? It's unusual for adults to get as intense about anything as kids.

For my part I agree with Buzz on some things: that slash is a legend, that it's unfortunate Axl makes his more solo style album under the name GNR as that was a group effort. However it is what it is...and i've taken to getting into the music....

However I think Buzz underestimates the strentgh of these songs. Sure they aint traditional GNR. They are a different animal...but I think they're going to be VERY powerful to the average rock fan...and especially people who like kickass vocals, and impossible guitar lines...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

But back in 87 when I heard AFD for the first time I was 14.  I ran to my friends house and told him to listen to this.  We were in awe!  Even at the age of 14 I realised that this album was special.  Anytime you heard WTTJ it made your head turn to see what the buzz was all about.  From the intro it knocked you out.  And the album just never let you go after that until it was over.   While CD is a very strong track and it contains other very good songs.  Nothing in there makes me wanna run to my best friends house to make him listen to cause I think that what I have in my hands is the greatest thing in music.

Yes but maybe if you were 14 again you would be more excited? It's unusual for adults to get as intense about anything as kids.

For my part I agree with Buzz on some things: that slash is a legend, that it's unfortunate Axl makes his more solo style album under the name GNR as that was a group effort. However it is what it is...and i've taken to getting into the music....

However I think Buzz underestimates the strentgh of these songs. Sure they aint traditional GNR. They are a different animal...but I think they're going to be VERY powerful to the average rock fan...and especially people who like kickass vocals, and impossible guitar lines...

*lol*  I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to music and I get excited when I hear something special.  Granted that it's been awhile that I've heard anything special but still.  When I heard System of a down I couldn't believe my ears for example.  And I was an adult.  Same with when I heard Tool.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Review from an Australian radio station - Triple M:

"First up, it's clear the new track sounds nothing like Appetite-era GNR. The song begins slowly with an ominous rumble but when the explosive double shot of Axl's wailing vocal and stop-start riff hits you're on a runaway train that doesn't stop.

On the downside, there isn't a memorable chorus and the song sounds like it's been put through an industrial processor (think Nine Inch Nails). And despite a few listens we still don't know what Axl's singing about (something about an "iron fist"?).

Overall though, the song has the muscle to move a small army. The riff is hot, the guitar solos zing and Axl's voice has the primal intensity that's made him one of the best rock vocalists of all time.

The verdict? Guns n Roses are back and they've got our attention. Now for the new album - bring on Saturday November 22!"

See - that's what I want to hear in this thread smile

Although --- when could anyone ever figure out what Axl was singing about???

Great review.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't grass roots, this is spamming (in my opinion to please a select few).  Grass roots would be getting people interested, not faking people's interest.

I just can't imagine why you care about it at all.

No, the problem is that you assume you know something about me when you don't.  You've pretty much had it in for me for awhile now and I'm not really sure why.  If you have a problem with me, take it to PM, otherwise respect the fact that I have an opinion and I have the right to share it.

Fuck all of you that think I want this album to fail.  It's actually quite the opposite, but what I see has failure written all over it.  You see that as being negative, I see it as being honest with myself, which more of you should look into.  Read what's going on around you, read the not so surreal thread...this isn't as great as you either think it is or want it to be.  People are underwhelmed, and these are fans that have been on the forums for years.

I'm staying out of the celebration thread and any other thread specifically for that purpose.  I'm responding to the threads that I'm interested in.  Nobody asked me to stay out of that thread - I even deleted a post in a thread that I thought brought a bad vibe to a good thread.  I'm sympathetic to your cause, but threads like radio's response are fair game for any comments (positive or negative).

i bet this will be seen as 'insulting people' again, but fuck it who cares, this forum is weird, people can slag on peoples happiness, insult people trying to promote the album(requesting the song be played is obviously a way to get people to listen to it duh) but as soon someone attacks someone for billy overly negative its "oh no you can't do that. he can sully ANY positive sentiments that people are trying to express but if you say one word about his negativity you are wicked wicked person".

i was avoiding reading anything here because of the overtly negative and depressing people(buzzaw and tejsomething) but i thought "hey, maybe such great news may have washed anyway the depressive grip that they were enveloped in" but no, i decide to the read this thread and i see you insulting bright eyes for being positive, just fuckin wow.

i have a question for you, are you a depressed person in real life? are you just generally unhappy and bleak? i bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with in real life, do your friends(i seriously doubt you have any) put up with you? i am being serious, what is wrong? are you unhappy?

that is all i wanted to say, but hey i bet i am the one who needs to' lighten up'. i assume i should be telling bright eyes what a despicable person he/she is right?

thanx monkeychow for posting that, do you know if triple j have been playing it monkey?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Captain's finest hour.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just can't imagine why you care about it at all.

No, the problem is that you assume you know something about me when you don't.  You've pretty much had it in for me for awhile now and I'm not really sure why.  If you have a problem with me, take it to PM, otherwise respect the fact that I have an opinion and I have the right to share it.

Fuck all of you that think I want this album to fail.  It's actually quite the opposite, but what I see has failure written all over it.  You see that as being negative, I see it as being honest with myself, which more of you should look into.  Read what's going on around you, read the not so surreal thread...this isn't as great as you either think it is or want it to be.  People are underwhelmed, and these are fans that have been on the forums for years.

I'm staying out of the celebration thread and any other thread specifically for that purpose.  I'm responding to the threads that I'm interested in.  Nobody asked me to stay out of that thread - I even deleted a post in a thread that I thought brought a bad vibe to a good thread.  I'm sympathetic to your cause, but threads like radio's response are fair game for any comments (positive or negative).

i bet this will be seen as 'insulting people' again, but fuck it who cares, this forum is weird, people can slag on peoples happiness, insult people trying to promote the album(requesting the song be played is obviously a way to get people to listen to it duh) but as soon someone attacks someone for billy overly negative its "oh no you can't do that. he can sully ANY positive sentiments that people are trying to express but if you say one word about his negativity you are wicked wicked person".

i was avoiding reading anything here because of the overtly negative and depressing people(buzzaw and tejsomething) but i thought "hey, maybe such great news may have washed anyway the depressive grip that they were enveloped in" but no, i decide to the read this thread and i see you insulting bright eyes for being positive, just fuckin wow.

i have a question for you, are you a depressed person in real life? are you just generally unhappy and bleak? i bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with in real life, do your friends(i seriously doubt you have any) put up with you? i am being serious, what is wrong? are you unhappy?

that is all i wanted to say, but hey i bet i am the one who needs to' lighten up'. i assume i should be telling bright eyes what a despicable person he/she is right?

thanx monkeychow for posting that, do you know if triple j have been playing it monkey?

Hopefully management will deal with you stalking me and making unwarrented personal attacks...if not, you can expect a response later today.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

buzzsaw wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hopefully management will deal with you stalking me and making unwarrented personal attacks...if not, you can expect a response later today.

oh my, poor buzzkill, so you can spout your condescending drivel in every thread but as soon as someone asks you a hard questions its "hey man, lay off". you are a weak individual my friend.

the internet, is very serious, i heard.

Sky Dog wrote:

you guys are destroying the thread.....

Board footer