You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Captain Winkler wrote:

Yeah it sounds messy, but it's definitely a new solo or something underneath the vocals.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

fight! fight! fight! fight!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Whenever I hear promo ten I think of when  you go to the movies and the surround sound logo comes on.  The speakers boom and pull in for a second.  Anyone know what I mean?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

thanx monkeychow for posting that, do you know if triple j have been playing it monkey?

My pleasure. Not sure about JJJ yet...i have some friends who listen to that almost all the time...so i'll try and sus them out about it soon.

On a related Australian note...i went into JB HiFi today and asked about pre-ordering for the expected Nov 22nd date that i'm told shows on our release schedules. The "music advisor" dude mocked me for like 5 mins and went on at lengrh about how it was never comming out and so on. I tried to tell him that there's actually a song on the radio now and so on...but he seemed more interested in having a laugh at me than actually telling me when they can take orders.

So if anyone knows a good supplier in Oz let me know.

Hopefully a few more days/weeks and JB will get their act together...and list it on their system for pre-order..then i'll go in and have the guy blow me!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My local station just played CD about 10 minutes ago on-air, and it was introduced by the DJ as "... I really... like it. I don't want to support Axl Rose, but I guess i'll buy the album anyways. Here's Chinese Democracy..."

The station has rarely played the track since yesterday. I know nobody cares if this is a success, but that right there I wonder is how much of a problem across the U.S. Here's a station that's rarely playing it, and the DJ's & Program Director are totally playing the song the least they possibly can out of personal bias.

Yet they'll turn around and play HINDER three times in an hour.

What the fuck?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

where you at? some places like philly and stlouis are especially biased cuz of past problems sad and its not just the DJ's trust me

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm actually not in Orlando, but the station is in Orlando. WJRR 101.1 FM.

I wouldn't think they'd have any bias. They got one of those FNM/Metallica/GN'R shows back in '92 at the Citrus Bowl.

Then again that was the performance that Axl ripped Cobain a new asshole, so maybe they're Nirvana fans, I dunno...

Howard Stern liked it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

WJRR fired Taco Bob. They are officially dead... Actually they died YEARS AGO.

People should flood them with requests.

Board footer