You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

You do realize both of you sound like a bunch of idiots arguing over NOTHING.

that wasn't very nice sad

Sky Dog wrote:

I am not annoyed....just bored at work on friday

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So you can't prove it?  Thank you and good day.

you too and have fun in that fetal position you just crawled back into like our last pleasant encounter

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Sorry Buzzsaw, but at this point, I 100% disagree. Im in Los Angeles and our biggest rock radio station which has a very anti-gnr DJ, KROQ106.7 just had Chinese Democracy at number 3 on their furious 5 at 9 (the top 5 requested tracks of the day.) No forum had anything about spamming this radio station and even I didn't call in about it (although now that I see people are voting for it, I will.)

It's not just a bunch of GNR nerds man. Maybe in some areas, but in Los Angeles? There's probably 5000 GNR fans on active forums... Los Angeles has like 3 million people... even if only 10% of LA listened to KROQ, there's no way that the tiny online GNR fanbase would get this song on the 5 most requested of the day.

Like James said, I think we are in the curious stage, people are requesting this song and trying to see if they like it or not. But it's definetly not some GNR nerds in LA... believe what you want, and I understand because even I was blown away to hear it doing so well. Hopefully it keeps up because it's just setting up a springboard for the next single wink

Just because you didn't do it or this site didn't do it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  There are some pretty large sites out there.  Regardless, only number 3?  That's pretty telling as well...what masterpieces were 1 and 2?

True that it isn't number one... but for a single that came out 2 days ago, from a band that hasn't done anything but ruin their image over the last 14 years and has a horrible reputation with most music listeners I'd say being the 3rd most requested song in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the world is pretty damn impressive.

It got beat by Metallica which is loved and introduced by the DJ's here much better than GNR, and by Kings Of Leon or something (which I have no idea about but is apparently pretty popular.) It beat out the new Paramore single (a very popular band) and The Offspring's new single... in it's second day after 14 years of nothing.

Where we disagree is that GNR forum junkies could even make an impact in this request line. Do I believe that GNR fans can rig up an online poll? Of course. Do I believe that GNR fans could get a song played once or twice? Sure. Do I believe GNR fans could get Chinese Democracy requested enough to beat Paramore and Offspring in a huge place with hundreds of thousands of listeners like LA? Not a chance.

Whether the song stays on the furious 5 at 9, I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised either way... but time will tell. The least we can do is accept that people are requesting it and that it's setting up the start of promotion and more singles.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

here is the top 9 at 9 for my station...gnr hasnt made it up there yet...but rarely do brand brand new songs make the cut..anyway heres what they are up against at the moment around here

#1 - AC/DC - Rock & Roll Train
#2 - Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
#3 - Disturbed - Indestructable
#4 - Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
#5 - Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend
#6 - Rise Against - Re-Education
#7 - The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
#8 - Hinder - Use Me
#9 - Mudvayne - Do What You Do

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So you can't prove it?  Thank you and good day.

you too and have fun in that fetal position you just crawled back into like our last pleasant encounter

You have a pretty vivid imagination...I respect that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Interesting lists Jack and Neemo.  It will be interesting to watch over the next couple days.  Can you keep it updated daily?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i can try...mine may see CD shoot up with the gnr weekend starting this afternoon wink

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Interesting lists Jack and Neemo.  It will be interesting to watch over the next couple days.  Can you keep it updated daily?

Definitely. I'm in your boat in the sense that, I do expect a massive fail sooner or later... but, I never thought it would get this far, so I have a little hope that my expectations can be pushed a bit. I'll update every weekday after 930ish pacific standard time:mosh:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe we could create a thread only for list updates on 5 key markets.  We would want to lock it to keep it from getting lost in comments, but a mod could open it and update it once a day for each of the 5 markets.  It would be interesting to see the progression (good or bad) and would be far more telling than pissing matches would be.

Board footer