You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

bigbri wrote:

I was gonna volunteer Chicago, but I couldn't find a popular request list on wlup.com. If anyone can find it, Chicago would be good to monitor.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

listening online #1 on request chart on htzfm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats the top 9 @ 9 @ htzfm that i posted from yesterday slashisvr

now CD is #2 there.....so maybe they update it through the day? weird i'll have to listen and find out whats up with that

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
Neemo wrote:

thats the top 9 @ 9 @ htzfm that i posted from yesterday slashisvr

now CD is #2 there.....so maybe they update it through the day? weird i'll have to listen and find out whats up with that

lol sorry, i just heard from the kitchen, number one and chinese democracy, then he was rambling on after about mangement comparing it to some other master peices (i forget what) then he said there is too highh expectation for this album, said management should have just said it sucked and when we hear it we can say its "ok" lol

he talks some ball

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

here is the top 9 at 9 for my station...gnr hasnt made it up there yet...but rarely do brand brand new songs make the cut..anyway heres what they are up against at the moment around here

#1 - AC/DC - Rock & Roll Train
#2 - Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
#3 - Disturbed - Indestructable
#4 - Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
#5 - Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend
#6 - Rise Against - Re-Education
#7 - The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
#8 - Hinder - Use Me
#9 - Mudvayne - Do What You Do

Only a few of those songs are actually any good.  I'd be interested to see how GNR does.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

One of the problems with the vocals, something I noticed immediately, but let slide (because's it's Axl's thing) is this double and triple vocaling the fucking tracks.

I can't find one single person other than him that likes that shit. Not one.

It makes the vocals sound overproduced, and unbalanced. He started doing that during the Illusions, and believe me, it's still just as stupid sounding now as it was then.

The man has a beautiful voice. I love it. But I would much rather see him go low, mid, then high, as the sound keeps building throughout (think KOHD live), but doing this multi-layered vocal technique just leaves you... why?

After a few listens, instrumentally the song is the strongest it's ever been, but I think the vocals were better on the 2006/07 demos.

I completely agree with this. The vocals are my only complaint about the song. I find the layers to be distracting. The vocals on the demos were perfectly fine.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this is another thing that we've discussed in this community in a previous life...back then it was speculation but now it appears that those speculations were not unfoundfed

some peopel spent so long and so many times listneing to these songs in demo form that now that the final versions are coming out that they just dont "feel right" anymore cuz you are so used to hearing the demo as opposed to the finished cut

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know people are giving them a hard time, but the Buzzsaw/War discussions in the past couple pages have been riviting.

VERY VERY interesting points made by both.

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

this is another thing that we've discussed in this community in a previous life...back then it was speculation but now it appears that those speculations were not unfoundfed

some peopel spent so long and so many times listneing to these songs in demo form that now that the final versions are coming out that they just dont "feel right" anymore cuz you are so used to hearing the demo as opposed to the finished cut

Now you got both...so what? Some you will like better, some you will like worse. It is not the artists fault you are in that predicament.:rock:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

From neemo's station.

1 - AC/DC
Rock & Roll Train
Black Ice
#2 Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Chinese Democracy
#3 Disturbed Indestructable Indestructable
#4 Apocalyptica I Don't Care Worlds Collide
#5 Theory of a Deadman Bad Girlfriend Scars & Souvenirs