You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

In all seriousness Bono, who's saying the productions crappy? Besides the layering of vocals which I can see turning some people off, what's wrong with the production, it sounds fine to me?

Me for one. The dj at Zed 99(that's the biggest rock station around here out of 4) who I talked to yesterday brought it up without any mention from me. He felt it's a mess of production which is what I think. Too many ideas floating around in one song. It's somethng I've always said about the new material and when others start echoing that opinion without any influence from me I know there's something to it. At least to some.  Yes it sounds better than the leak but the vocal layers, the synth going on it just sounds messy. It's too busy. My brother feels the same. Most people I've talked to who don't like it think the vocals aren't good. I think that has alot to do with the layering of vocals.  It's crappy. It makes the song sound artificial to alot of people.  I can't post all the names and photos of people I've talked to to prove it to you guys that there are people out there who legitimately don't like it. But going from the past I've been pretty damn objective when it comes to these things. Better has always gotten a pretty decent response when I've played it in the bars. Chinese Democracy never got anything good in response.  My posts on this are pretty consistent with the reaction the song has gotten in the past when I've played it so people are gonna have to either believe I'm being honest or tell me to fuck off cause I'm a  lier. Whatever.  So far t is what it is in this area. It's not fucking Los Angeles. I can't post what they think in LA.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

But just for the recrod I have posted I think the song sounds better than the leak and I have also said I like hearing it on radio so it's not like I'm here to bash.

Sky Dog wrote:

there are people out there who legitimately don't like Welcome to the Jungle and hate old and new Gnr....just sayin.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

why is it so hard to understand that anything Axl does is a love/hate thing.....alot of my friends thought the old band was cheesy, sunset strip hard rock....no different than Crue or Poison. For fuck's sake why I am even in the conversation? I need to go eat dinner.....Guinness and pizza sounds good.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

In all seriousness Bono, who's saying the productions crappy? Besides the layering of vocals which I can see turning some people off, what's wrong with the production, it sounds fine to me?

Me for one. The dj at Zed 99(that's the biggest rock station around here out of 4) who I talked to yesterday brought it up without any mention from me. He felt it's a mess of production which is what I think. Too many ideas floating around in one song. It's somethng I've always said about the new material and when others start echoing that opinion without any influence from me I know there's something to it. At least to some.  Yes it sounds better than the leak but the vocal layers, the synth going on it just sounds messy. It's too busy. My brother feels the same. Most people I've talked to who don't like it think the vocals aren't good. I think that has alot to do with the layering of vocals.  It's crappy. It makes the song sound artificial to alot of people.  I can't post all the names and photos of people I've talked to to prove it to you guys that there are people out there who legitimately don't like it. But going from the past I've been pretty damn objective when it comes to these things. Better has always gotten a pretty decent response when I've played it in the bars. Chinese Democracy never got anything good in response.  My posts on this are pretty consistent with the reaction the song has gotten in the past when I've played it so people are gonna have to either believe I'm being honest or tell me to fuck off cause I'm a  lier. Whatever.  So far t is what it is in this area. It's not fucking Los Angeles. I can't post what they think in LA.

I'm not doubting you, I simply wondered about who'd mentioned the production thing, I wasn't wanting names and faces just in general, the complaints you'd heard.

It's always been a main criticsm that the songs are too busy and whilst CD still has a lot going on (5 guitarists worth) I think it blends pretty well. I don't think the synth stands out too much like it has on previous demos and Rons more prominent rhythm playing over the the bass and I guess Fortus and Tobias' playing all sounds pretty good imo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

definately different areas have different general tastes in music

different singles do better than others in different markets

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Agreed DCK.

I've let everyone kind of say their own thing, but I have yet to hear the 'wowness' of Madagascar at Rio III.

Seems to me the only reason people cream over it is because Axl played guitar.

People don't 'cream' over that version of Madagascar because Axl is on guitar. Hell, his guitar probably isn't even plugged in. The version is considered the best by quite a few fans because of that Buckethead solo. It never sounded as good as it did at that particular show.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Agreed DCK.

I've let everyone kind of say their own thing, but I have yet to hear the 'wowness' of Madagascar at Rio III.

Seems to me the only reason people cream over it is because Axl played guitar.

People don't 'cream' over that version of Madagascar because Axl is on guitar. Hell, his guitar probably isn't even plugged in. The version is considered the best by quite a few fans because of that Buckethead solo. It never sounded as good as it did at that particular show.

The Rio 3 version of Madagascar is the best live version I've heard without doubt. BH's solo is amazing but it's not even just him the whole band was 'on' for that song, it sounded magic that night.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

[

I'm probably in the minority on this...but i've never liked that solo. I liked that performance because it was the first time i heard maddy - a song I think is beautiful due to its inspirational lyrics and dynamic vocal melodies...while I like many of buckets CD solos...the maddy solo doesn't go anywhere to me.

Board footer