You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

tejastech08 wrote:

Whoever leaked this is a fucking idiot. It's not that difficult to circumvent the kind of skipping that was watermarked on the songs.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Not impressed with "This I Love." Seems like something straight out of the 1980's. "Scraped" is very good. "Sorry" is pretty good too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont want Axl to be the next Elton John or Rod Stewart....I want him to be Axl fucking Rose

i want the swagger and the big fuck you ....

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

3 new songs>the rest of the album. whoever said this i love is overproduced is kidding themselves, its more raw than november rain. its basically axl, the piano and some amazing guitar solos.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

For anyone wanting to know what This I Love sounds a bit like but doesn't want to spoil the actual track, imagine this track with some guitars.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

"This material is really bogged down in the 90s"
i'd really like to know what 90's tracks you're referring to, any bands that you could recommend that produced material thats actually similar to this in the 90's, i dont mean vague similarities, if its so 90's i expect to be able to hear it, i can't. JMO
people always say "oh you can hear the rob zombie in there" "you can hear the NIN in there" of cause you can, you could also hear aerosmith, queen and zeppelin in everything else they did, does that mean AFD was dated when it came out?

victoriacanucker
 Rep: 0 

Could anyone PM it to me please?

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

PM received, thanks.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Catcher...................... WTF happened to the solo?  Jesus does anyone in GNR have any feel when they play?

Guitar gymnastics is cool like the first few times, but it wears out and u just have a bunch of angry bees fucking.

Catcher was my fave leak but that solo............. no

reminds me of CC Deville.

Guitar solos are suppose to serve the song and elevate them, it isn't a spot for the guitar player to show off how fast he can play.

U got this amazing, heartfelt, bone chilling song, and the guitar solo/fills sounds like a guy just won a million dollars, and is partying with 10 strippers.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

AFD was basically a ballsier Nazareth doing a killer 80s record. Just because it sounds like that doesn't make it any less special.

I never heard much NIN in the CD tracks, but there are most certainly huge influences such as Praxis, Prodigy, Simply Red, Queensryche, and recently we've gotten glimpses of Zombie and Everlast. The album also has early 80s REO Speedwagon and Barry Manilow influences. None of this is groundbreaking. None of it is complex.

You act like acknowledging this is shitting on the record.

Board footer