You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Saikin wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
JIP wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

I cant understand the love and praise for this song - its basically a poor Nov Rain rip off with 5th grade lyrics. Cheesier than a tramps cock.

I won't comment on this...i won't bargain on the grandiosity of this song...
Go check some hip - hop shit that i guess you listen to...

No I wont, hip hop beats are far too dated for me thanks. As are Barry Manilow songs.

Now dont get me started on Barry Manilow songs WITH hip hop beats...

Please show me a 5th grader who has this writing talent. 16

I don't get saying this song is way better than the old ballads, but it's not a terrible song.  It's a step up from Prostitute.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:
madagas wrote:

James and everyone else, we can argue about individual songs until the cows come home. Everyone has their own favorite and their own personal taste in music. In my opinion, as an album, I think this record is easily as good as either UYI. Is there an Estranged or Civil War on here? Maybe not, but as a record, the album will be solid. It is a very eclectic group of songs held together by the common theme of broken relationships. Critics usually dig albums with "themes". I am pretty damn excited about how these final mixes sound.:rock:

this is pretty much how i'm feeling about the album right now. there's not a single song on there that i don't like and most of them i really really like. even the ones that i didn't have a strong positive reaction to at first are growing on me (irs, if the world). overall, i am very pleased with it.  now i'm just hoping for a version without skips to leak!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yeah, this album compared to other artists.... CD is an instant-masterpiece.

mcalldp

mcalldp wrote:

Agreed! er....except maybe the beginning to scraped! (bad bad bad)

samnuts

samnuts wrote:
mcalldp wrote:

yeah i can't help but laugh at that one too.  oh well...its axl lol

Sky Dog wrote:

In my opinion, nothing on this album is remotely as bad as Get in the Ring or remotely as cheesy as Don't Cry and Think About You....now those are some cheesy 80's ballads. To each his own.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

The only shock I had from these leaks was the confirmation that Axl's vocal takes are consistent with what we've heard before. I think deep down I had believed that we'd hear some crazy growling and crooning on some of these things - some of his UYI voices - but no, he's gone to some new ground. Shackler's is the closet to some of those, he's still got it, but must think the songs are served better by his smoother technique.

One I got over that - they're awesome! smile

mcalldp

mcalldp wrote:
samnuts wrote:
mcalldp wrote:

yeah i can't help but laugh at that one too.  oh well...its axl lol

Maybe we can do a fan remix of that section to change it up a bit lol

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Think about you is an 80`s song, so erm..  and its also a good track imo.. I have personal thoughts about it.  Dont cry is a great tune, great solo, great melody, i dont get why people beat it down.. it beats the piss out of the cheesy 80`s track Prostitute

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Sorry for the clutter, but I'm really missing out on the party 'cause of my pre-menstruation syndrome here...

(damn, that was awful wink )

Board footer