You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Best 'Mainstream Rock' Debut

faldor wrote:

From mega_music over at HTGTH

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =53807.100

here are the current Media Base 24/7 Rolling Music Charts.
Week of Oct 26 - Nov 1 updated on Nov 2, 2008 @ 2:45 PM (PT)

Active Rock
10         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

Mainstream Rock
5         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

Alternative
35         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

There is no way in Hell TWAT will be released over Prostitute and This I Love as the ballad single.

I still don't get what everyone else Gets with that song. Its ok but it to me has pretty bad lyrics.......... Axl rhymes all with all like 10 times and it has some really cheesy bad lyrics...........

Prostitute and This I Love are far superior ballads as well as Catcher.

Because TWAT has balls.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

i like there was a time, but i don't think it will be a single. my guess is the ballad single will either be prostitute or street of dreams.  i'm hoping for prostitute.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
samnuts wrote:

i like there was a time, but i don't think it will be a single. my guess is the ballad single will either be prostitute or street of dreams.  i'm hoping for prostitute.

I hope it's not Prostitute. 

I think Street of Dreams or TWAT would be the best bets in this case.  Both of those songs have some great lyrics and some really good musical parts to go with it. 

I could easily see SOD being played on the radio.  To me, that's the 'radio ballad' out of all of them.

samnuts

samnuts wrote:

don't get me wrong...i think they are both great songs.  i just think prostitute sounds more contemporary and would be a slightly better fit as a single.  of course, i REALLY like prostitute, so that could be clouding my judgment.

samnuts

samnuts wrote:
faldor wrote:

From mega_music over at HTGTH

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =53807.100

here are the current Media Base 24/7 Rolling Music Charts.
Week of Oct 26 - Nov 1 updated on Nov 2, 2008 @ 2:45 PM (PT)

Active Rock
10         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

Mainstream Rock
5         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

Alternative
35         GUNS N' ROSES     Chinese Democracy

this is awesome news.  it seems to keep climbing and climbing.  hopefully that momentum keeps up!

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the world must hear axl's soaring falsetto and the amazing outro on TWAT, best outro in GNR history. as well as bucket's solo.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
samnuts wrote:

don't get me wrong...i think they are both great songs.  i just think prostitute sounds more contemporary and would be a slightly better fit as a single.  of course, i REALLY like prostitute, so that could be clouding my judgment.

See to me, Prostitute sounds uninspired, cheesy and nothing really stands out.  It has nothing in it that really sounds all that different in any way. 

It's one of those songs though that you either love or hate, there isn't much of a middle ground i've noticed.  I lean more towards the hate side so that could be clouding my judgement as well. 

Cpt Winkler, i agree about that.  TWAT is definently something that stands out, especially that outro. 

I still don't see why TWAT isn't the last song on CD.  That outro would have been the perfect way to close out the album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Saikin, it would make no sense whatsoever to have Prostitute NOT close the album. That extended soft outro is worthless not being a closer.

It wouldn't break into another song well.

TWAT is a great song, but I think people have to remember - even Estranged didn't close UYI2, even though it was a very 'finale' like song for an album

Prostitute would be a good single, because it's mainstream, it'll appeal to a broad audience imo, and that's the reason it should be the 'ballad single'.

TWAT would be the 'kick your teeth in' ballad, that is an epic song, but I wonder how much the younger audience would dig it. I'm sure the old Gunners would love it. It's very much Estranged's little bro imo.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I think the next song should be Scraped for sure. Just a natural fit for radio IMO minus the intro

Board footer