You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Best 'Mainstream Rock' Debut

Chris Moyles played it again on radio 1 this morning but no real comment after the song. Only a sarcastic quip about one of his producers loving it.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

just checked the Billboard charts and Chinese Democracy in now in the Top Ten Mainstream Rock songs.  it moved up 4 spots from #12 to #8.  definitely good news there!  here's the link:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … ock+Tracks

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

It's doing great, there's no denying in that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Here is the single review from Billboard since I don't think anyone saw my prior post.......:smile:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/content_ … 393b87fba8

Against all odds, Axl Rose is at last releasing "Chinese Democracy," the first album of new Guns N' Roses material since 1991 (it will be an exclusive at Best Buy). The opening track is a hard-rocking cyberpunk drama, complete with an action-movie intro, neurotic multitrack vocals and plenty of spaced-out guitar solos (Buckethead?) designed to make up for Slash's absence. Over an industrial riff with shades of the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane," Axl wails about "Real time visionaries sitting in a Chinese stew"—and he must be the first rock star to name-check "Falun Gong" and "masturbation" in the same song. This is not a typical radio hit, as it's not built around an obvious melody or hook like so many Guns N' Roses classics. But that hasn't hindered massive early airplay at several rock formats, and fans are clearly responding favorably to their first (authorized) taste of new GNR music in nearly a decade. —Sven Philipp

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:
madagas wrote:

Here is the single review from Billboard since I don't think anyone saw my prior post.......:smile:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/content_ … 393b87fba8

Against all odds, Axl Rose is at last releasing "Chinese Democracy," the first album of new Guns N' Roses material since 1991 (it will be an exclusive at Best Buy). The opening track is a hard-rocking cyberpunk drama, complete with an action-movie intro, neurotic multitrack vocals and plenty of spaced-out guitar solos (Buckethead?) designed to make up for Slash's absence. Over an industrial riff with shades of the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane," Axl wails about "Real time visionaries sitting in a Chinese stew"—and he must be the first rock star to name-check "Falun Gong" and "masturbation" in the same song. This is not a typical radio hit, as it's not built around an obvious melody or hook like so many Guns N' Roses classics. But that hasn't hindered massive early airplay at several rock formats, and fans are clearly responding favorably to their first (authorized) taste of new GNR music in nearly a decade. —Sven Philipp

yeah thanks for the post! i think that's a pretty solid description of the song.   enthusiasm for the song didn't drop off in its second week.  it actually increased, which is better than a lot of folks thought it would do.  good news all around.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

after i initially thought airplay was dwindling, i heard it twice yesterday, once on the morning drive which was a shocker, given how mornings are dominated by talk.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now we're seeing how people are really feelings about this song. And it's positive. That's great.

I guarantee you when those ballads get out there in mainstream consumptions, those beautiful ladies out there all get ahold of them, it's gonna be even bigger.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Good to see it still going strong. Hope to see it move up a few spots next week too.

Board footer