You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

tejastech08 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

anyone wanna google doom metal and hear the difference?
i admit.. it's killer..but doom metal?
electric wizard, cathederal, saint vitus, acid bath, sunn o))) and My Dying Bride are different styles of "doom metal"... no part of that song sounds anything like any of those bands...
it has waaaay more in common with pink floyd than it does with pentagram...

Ever heard of the Sword? They are a doom metal band and their riffs sound similar to the main riff in Sorry. The beginning of Sorry does sound like Pink Floyd. I'm talking about the chorus though when it comes to doom metal.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

anyone wanna google doom metal and hear the difference?
i admit.. it's killer..but doom metal?
electric wizard, cathederal, saint vitus, acid bath, sunn o))) and My Dying Bride are different styles of "doom metal"... no part of that song sounds anything like any of those bands...
it has waaaay more in common with pink floyd than it does with pentagram...

Ever heard of the Sword? They are a doom metal band and their riffs sound similar to the main riff in Sorry. The beginning of Sorry does sound like Pink Floyd. I'm talking about the chorus though when it comes to doom metal.

eh.. kinda... dude, "Gods of the Earth" is my shit...
in context with the rest of the song, i'm really not gettin' the sword vibe...
but it is a mildly sabbathy kinda riff.... it just wasn't what i pictured in my head when baz said that...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I have nothing against MSL, but if he's hosting these songs on his site, don't post those links in the open here. That's no different than posting links to the actual songs.

Everyone here has been around the block a few times and knows how to acquire what they're looking for.

I have no desire to get shut down because people want to post links to sites hosting these leaks.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

On Catcher the intro is a complete clusterfuck with that bass line and the outro solo is just too "Happy" sounding. I like the gloom, hopeless feeling of Catcher.

James

James wrote:

I agree. The intro doesn't fit with the song, and the music just isn't on par with the emotional content meant to be conveyed. Axl tinkered too much with CITR.

Sorry is fucking killer though. I'm starting to think this is about the fans and not Slash.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

On Catcher the intro is a complete clusterfuck with that bass line and the outro solo is just too "Happy" sounding. I like the gloom, hopeless feeling of Catcher.

Yes, they completely fucked up the intro. I don't know what they were thinking but the old leak has a GOOD intro whereas the final version is, as you put it, a clusterfuck. It's just a bunch of noise with no distinguishable sound to it. It's not something you can hum along with like the old leak's intro.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I have nothing against MSL, but if he's hosting these songs on his site, don't post those links in the open here. That's no different than posting links to the actual songs.

Everyone here has been around the block a few times and knows how to acquire what they're looking for.

I have no desire to get shut down because people want to post links to sites hosting these leaks.

Then I suggest you delete the 90 fuckin' posts asking for PM's in this thread.

No to be an asshole or anything, but that shit gets annoying after awhile. I know that's why I posted MSL's URL address.

Some of these "fans" are lazy as fuck, and then keep bitching about not having it, and wanting you (or me) to do all the work for them.

It gets lame after awhile. 17

James

James wrote:

Believe me, handing out PMs is a hassle. However, thats how shit spreads. Music doesn't simultaneously leak on to every GNR fans computer. People have to 'spread the wealth'. Lets say you send a song to a few people. Those people should then send the song to others. A chain reaction.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i agree with james AND axlin....

i can understand why we shouldn't be posting links to the site, it puts the forum in jeopardy of being shut down... on the other hand when these people with no avs posts 20 times about " hey! can someone pm me a leak?" and you click on their profile and it's there 1st or 2nd post, i really kinda pisses me off that the only goddamn reason they even registered on this forum was to look for fucking leaks, not to be a part of the community. I probably haven't been around here long enough to bitch about shit like this, but maybe temporarily suspending new members for a while is a good idea... i don't want these lazy pricks crudding up such a great forum.. i'll tell ya.. if someone pm's me for the hook up... the FIRST thing i do is see how long they've been here... if it seems like a lurker who only joined up to get leaked tracks... they get NO response... so i understand the purpose of: " here's the site.... now fuck off"...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Believe me, handing out PMs is a hassle. However, thats how shit spreads. Music doesn't simultaneously leak on to every GNR fans computer. People have to 'spread the wealth'. Lets say you send a song to a few people. Those people should then send the song to others. A chain reaction.

Problem is it doesn't happen, other than you, me, tyler, and i'm sure a couple others.

I know when regular posters are coming to me for this stuff, they aren't getting it from the others i'm giving it to, so I in turn hook them up.

Which is fine, but the whole pay it forward thing is an illusion.

The chain reaction can never start if only 5-6 people are passing it out, and then the buck stops. It never spreads to other fans.

I think some also need to understand with the current leaks, that these are, once again, just remasters of the AIM leaks, just like the ones before them. Let it go. Buy the CD single. Buy the album in a couple weeks.

These leaks are a WASTE of everyone's time imo. 'I'm Sorry' is a good remaster guy, but he's just gonna do all this shit all over again when the final product comes out. Who wants a remaster with AIM noises deep in the mix. Not me.

Board footer