You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. I personally would blow my load if Buckethead were to return. He'd be my first choice.

But i'd definitely be curious, just for curiosity's sake, to see how people opinions would play out towards GN'R if it was Axl & Slash, surrounded by Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris. My guess is most would forget Izzy & Duff ever existed.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

To the world at large, Axl and Slash alone may be a reunion. It's not. I don't want to see a hybrid. I mean granted painting it in terms of team A versus team B really does make this seem like two totally different bands (I don't want to get into that argument), just don't call it a reunion. It's Slash's old band. Members come and go from bands all the time. If Slash returned to play with what has become a bunch of new guys (to him), that's his choice. But you shouldn't market that as a reunion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They might not do that anyways in a situation like that.

Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons (who are KISS), never left the band, yet they didn't market it as a reunion, 'til Ace Frehley & Peter Criss returned.

But most view KISS, naturally, as the duo of Paul & Gene.

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But i'd definitely be curious, just for curiosity's sake, to see how people opinions would play out towards GN'R if it was Axl & Slash, surrounded by Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris.

Son, if Axl & Slash were to take the stage together, there'd be no need for a 3rd guitarist.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

If Slash comes back (that's a big 'if') then I can't see Bumble being in the band either.  I doubt Slash would accept another lead player in the band.

I look forward to seeing what happens, regardless.  Personally I feel Finck must have left for good when he rejoined NIN and GnR are only finding out now that they are planning a tour or something.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting that they have removed brain and robin...but i would hardly take a myspace update as being gospel at this time

but the writing has been on teh wall since he defected to NIN IMO...and its weird to me that peopel took this long to admit that he may be gone 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Roxxie wrote:

If Slash comes back (that's a big 'if') then I can't see Bumble being in the band either.  I doubt Slash would accept another lead player in the band.

I look forward to seeing what happens, regardless.  Personally I feel Finck must have left for good when he rejoined NIN and GnR are only finding out now that they are planning a tour or something.

thing about ron is that he will fill the voids that need to be filled... i dont see him as the type who will demand more "lead time" look at the final version of CD for example wink

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer