You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

bucketfan wrote:

Nope, Bucket still has more lead guitar bits than the other guys. 

I'm going to try and paste Buckets solo back into Rhiad.  Fuck I wish the original recording tracks would be leaked so we could re-mix them properly! 

What do you think the chances are of getting lossless versions of the old demos in the future?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Decided to just download it like everyone else. 16

IRS and Madagascar too me are the high point of the album. I need to listen to it again but some of the newer things I like and some I don't. Songs that I disliked I still dislike. Catcher should not have been on this album. The 19 seconds of the checkmate leak was better than that whole song. I know people like it but that's just my honest opinion.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

What quality are these final leaks?  Lossless?  I'll probably just hold out another couple days and get a disc, but I'm curious.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

What quality are these final leaks?  Lossless?  I'll probably just hold out another couple days and get a disc, but I'm curious.

Nope, not lossless. They are 128 kbps AAC files, aka the same quality as the iTunes Music Store for the album.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Just got off work, can someone recap for me what all has leaked?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The whole thing leaked....

Sky Dog wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Decided to just download it like everyone else. 16

IRS and Madagascar too me are the high point of the album. I need to listen to it again but some of the newer things I like and some I don't. Songs that I disliked I still dislike. Catcher should not have been on this album. The 19 seconds of the checkmate leak was better than that whole song. I know people like it but that's just my honest opinion.

Well, we can discuss and argue this to death. But, it is simply over now. Axl had 14 years to make an album and this is what he made. Basically, it's his potrait of himself. Brilliant at times, bad at times, down right hard to understand at times. No excuses here though. This is his baby and it is what it is so just live with it. neutral If you don't want to listen to the record, just play your demos. At least you will have a booklet with credits, lyrics and artwork for a keepsake. Personally, I am just glad it is over with so I now can watch from the sidelines as everyone dissects the 400 different guitar parts to death. 16

James

James wrote:

This album has major production/mixing issues. I think that will be the big topic of debate after release.

Like madagas, I'm just glad this part of the journey has ended.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This album has major production/mixing issues. I think that will be the big topic of debate after release.

I will hold judgment until I hear the actual CD myself instead of low bitrate rips from a potentially unreliable source. Just from these rips though, I think it sounds good. The only "issue" is that they've overproduced everything. But it's not like a clipping problem such as on RHCP's Californication.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I will hold judgment until I hear the actual CD myself instead of low bitrate rips from a potentially unreliable source.

Oh I agree which is why I am not gonna write my review of the album until I actually buy it and hear it in pristine quality.

The only "issue" is that they've overproduced everything. But it's not like a clipping problem such as on RHCP's Californication.

Well, a LOT of things fall under the 'overproduced' umbrella. Zero effort was put in to melding all these cut and paste jobs into more cohesive tracks so there's more of a natural flow. Each song has these issues, yet in differing aspects.

Like I said though, gonna wait until I have the album in my hands before giving a final judgment.

Board footer