You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: What song would you want as the 3rd single?

Bono wrote:

I know Better has just come out as the 2nd single but let's talk about the 3rd single  16  I'm going with Sorry. Best song on the album by far in my opinion. We know at some point a ballad is gonna come out and Sorry is the kickass "ballad" on the album. If you can even call it a ballad. The Blues might seem like a logical choice for some but trust me if that song is released as a single it's gonna get crucified as a cheesey,  lame, sappy ballad. Sorry has some serious balls and guts to it. I think it'd do real well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I almost went with Riad, but Sorry is the best choice at this point. GNR needs to use the few rockers(minus Scraped) as singles before diving into any of these ballads.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i went for sorry too. the more i listen to it the more i like it.

Bono

Bono wrote:

James I really think the album only has 4 potential singles. CD, Better, Sorry and If The World.   Scraped would never work like you said and I think Riads is just too busy for radio. I couldn't see it going over that well.  TWAT is cool but I cant' see it being on radio. Madsagascar nope. Axl would get laughed outta the music industry if CITR came out.  Prostitute is just too "epic" sounding. I think it's kinda crappy that after Better they dont' have another kickass rocker to release.  IRS maybe but I dont really like that song and never have. If The World might surprise people. it's pretty damn groovey.  But yeah Sorry for sure should follow Better.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

James I really think the album only has 4 potential singles. CD, Better, Sorry and If The World.   Scraped would never work like you said and I think Riads is just too busy for radio. I couldn't see it going over that well.  TWAT is cool but I cant' see it being on radio. Madsagascar nope. Axl would get laughed outta the music industry if CITR came out.  Prostitute is just too "epic" sounding. I think it's kinda crappy that after Better they dont' have another kickass rocker to release.  IRS maybe but I dont really like that song and never have. If The World might surprise people. it's pretty damn groovey.  But yeah Sorry for sure should follow Better.

The album's success hinges on Better's success. If it doesn't become a huge hit, CD will be a flop overall.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

maybe all they need are 4 singles. although i think the blues could work too. they won;t put singles out so close to each other now. probably one before christmas and after that a couple more next year and then tour the album or put another one out if they have 30+ songs in the vault.

Bono

Bono wrote:
supaplex wrote:

maybe all they need are 4 singles. although i think the blues could work too. they won;t put singles out so close to each other now. probably one before christmas and after that a couple more next year and then tour the album or put another one out if they have 30+ songs in the vault.

Oh yeah four singles would be plenty. I just ment the four I mentioned seem to be the only real options in my opinion.  I think after Better, Sorry and If The World are the two songs that ahve the best chance of surprising people and have the best chances of people actually saying "wow this is really good"

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

i really think prostitute and sorry should be the next singles.  i would probably go in that order too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll be TWAT or Prostitute imo, with me leaning towards TWAT. Prostitute is radio friendly, but TWAT is a very classic GN'R, audience bridging track between the old Gunners and the new Gunners. I don't think TWAT's 7 minute length holds it back either, considering Metallica scored a huge hit with The Day That Never Comes (a lengthy track), and GN'R didn't have much problem with November Rain back in the day, and it was longer.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It'll be TWAT or Prostitute imo, with me leaning towards TWAT. Prostitute is radio friendly, but TWAT is a very classic GN'R, audience bridging track between the old Gunners and the new Gunners. I don't think TWAT's 7 minute length holds it back either, considering Metallica scored a huge hit with The Day That Never Comes (a lengthy track), and GN'R didn't have much problem with November Rain back in the day, and it was longer.

Why not vote in the poll than? haha

Board footer