You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: What song would you want as the 3rd single?

Saikin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

The Blues (Street of Dreams) because many people I've played this one for like it.  Best reaction outside of Better and I.R.S.  We have two good rockers so throw in the Blues and follow it up with another rocker or two then TWAT.

Agreed.  The Blues would be a great choice for a third single.  Gotta stretch out the rockers a little bit more. 

Even tho that song has been overplayed by most of us, i think back to when i first heard it and how i reacted.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

I voted for CITR but a Street Of Dreams video will be nice

I voted for Street Of Dreams because it's a mid tempo ballad,but There Was A Time would also be cool.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

I voted for Street of Dreams.  The "demo" versions got a 6.5 from me, but the new guitar parts added by ron make a HUGE difference.  The song is now one of my favs on the record.  I give it an 8 now.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Yuk! I honestly think The Blues... oh sorry Street of Dreams would get a shitty reaction from the public. It's so damn cheesey sounding. Axl sounds like a total wimp in it.  Besides CITR this song would be the worst choice as a single in my opinion.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I would go with If the World if it wasn't another rocker or maybe Sorry.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I would go with If the World if it wasn't another rocker or maybe Sorry.

Yup. Both would be excellent choices I think.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Yuk! I honestly think The Blues... oh sorry Street of Dreams would get a shitty reaction from the public. It's so damn cheesey sounding. Axl sounds like a total wimp in it.  Besides CITR this song would be the worst choice as a single in my opinion.

You might be right.  I loved the song when I first heard it back in 2001 (still do).  I thought it would have huge cross-over success (still do).  BUT, I sent the leaked version to a female friend, thinking she would love it.  Not so much.  Probably didn't help that I intro'd it as a ballad in the mold of SCOM or NR.  I wasn't comparing the song to those 2, just the fact that it was a slow ballad type song, not a rocker.  She replied that it was nowhere near SCOM or NR and that it sounded like Axl was whining too much.  This is a girl who likes Bon Jovi though, and lots of depressing music.  Don't know if her opinion should be taken as that of the majority.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I sent the leaked version to a female friend, thinking she would love it.  Not so much.  Probably didn't help that I intro'd it as a ballad in the mold of SCOM or NR.

Yep. Cant hold the songs up to those standards. This album has to set its own standards and gain its own fans.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

I voted for Sorry simply because it must get out there and into peoples heads.  TWAT should definately be a single, I think this song has the most longevity out of all the songs on the album.

Board footer